Microphone Assistance Needed for 2G Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jeremyf0923, Oct 15, 2009.

1. jeremyf0923

jeremyf0923 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Good evening,

First - please don't flame me - I have done every search possible and cannot find an answer. I recently purchased the T-Pain app for my kids and have since been on a hunt for a very cheap microphone. My first shot was using something I already have - I have 3 different sets of headphones with mics attached. All of them were 2.5mm so I bought a 3.5mm to 2.5mm converter for $2 thinking this was the cheapest most simple solution. I connect all 3 headphones to my Touch and there is ZERO recognition that a microphone is attached (Note: I do get sound out of the headphones so I know the connection is working). So my first question is - any idea why these headphones won't work? I thought headphones were headphones. If you have experienced the same problem, did you find a solution? If so, please share.

Assuming there is no solution, is there a very cheap mic available for the Touch that has been tested and confirmed to work? I do NOT want to spend more than $10 and really don't want to spend that much - just trying to get the app to work and now I feel like I am on a mission.

Any and all feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Jeremy
  2. sully247

sully247 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    2G iTouches require a 4-thread microphone input to work. I suggest looking on Ebay for an Ipod Touch Microphone. I found a great one fro $3. It is tiny and works great.
  3. jeremyf0923

jeremyf0923 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thanks for the reply! The inexpensive ones I found on eBay all say that you have to download software for them to work on the Touch. Did you find one that worked that didn't need a software download? Does yours work with the t-pain app by chance?