Microphone and speaker adaptation

Discussion in 'iPod touch VoIP and Telephony' started by rwphwp, Jan 3, 2009.

1. rwphwp

rwphwp New Member

Here's some pictures of a beta setup for a microphone and speaker attachment to use with VOIP. I've yet to finalize a design for the case, which will be silicone, and the speaker will retain it's specs but be rectangular instead of circular. The speaker is 8 ohm 0.5 watt and the board has an amp and battery, so you could listen to music as well. Let me know what you think, ideas, etc. I'll give details to anyone interested, but the hardware only costs $7.00 US on ebay. If you've got rudimentary soldering skills and some wire, you're good to go.

Attached Files:

2. fastwhiteguy

fastwhiteguy New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Bro... thats tight and all and i know you said it is beta but it looks like trash. cut out of the inside of the case and run all the circut boards and wires under your casing. also a smaller speaker would look better
  3. rwphwp

rwphwp New Member

Thanks for the response, fastwhiteguy. This was not so much about the aesthetics, but rather the functionality. Many of the headphone implementations lack an amplifier and so the volume signal is weak. With the external power source and two level amp, you can either use your VOIP app or listen to music. In the end, it won't be fitted to this particular case, but either be an acrylic snap-on or, like your suggestion, in a modified case. Which do you think would be better?