Mic Adaptor

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by PieOPah, Apr 29, 2009.

1. PieOPah

PieOPah Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I have just bought an iPhone and to be honest, I hate the headphones that come supplied - I always have disliked the standard headphones that apple supply...

As usual, I have my own headphones which I use and really like. So, what I am looking for is an Adaptor so that I can add a microphone. I know that there are numerous options I can buy, but none of what I have seen appear to be a viable option. The wire on my headphones is long enough to reach my pocket and still be loose when I walk. I really don't want to have to have that start at the microphone as it would be lots of loose wire dangling around looking nasty!

What I am after would be similar to a splitter... The microphone would plug into the iPhone as usual but rather than me plugging my headphone into the top, I would plug into the bottom, splitter. This would enable me to bring the Mic wire up and pin it to my shirt/coat/whatever and I would then have my headphones plugged in and have that wire the same as always.

Hopefully I have explained that well enough....

Is there anything like that already available?
  2. InvalidxZero

InvalidxZero New Member

In-Line Mic
    Other than something like these, I don't think there is any. That Y design one you suggested sounds useful, but I can't find any
  3. PieOPah

PieOPah Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    If that image is anything to go by, it is pretty much exactly what I am after

Please Register or Log in to view images

Thank you - really appreciated

Looking more into it, while the almost perfect solution, it appears to be for the smaller jack iPhones...

Thank you though - there may be a solution for me after all

4. mglaser

mglaser New Member

DIY Cable Guide

Here's a page detailing how to put together a cable like you're after. If you can do a bit of soldering this is a cheap and easy way of getting a Mic onto an iPod Touch. Works with Skype and other recording apps:

iPod Touch Microphone Adapter Cable
  5. jwatilo

jwatilo New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
  6. Bl00dr4g3

Bl00dr4g3 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    nice bump... next time look at the date, lol