Metasploit on itouch

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by spinner, Jan 25, 2008.

1. spinner

spinner New Member

Okay, i have a lot of people asking how to get metasploit on their touch. #1 If you don't already know what it is, you don't need it! #2 I will only tell you how to get it on the touch and give you access to my ishare for it if you can meet the requirements. #3 You must understand that this is a third party program, so it has the risk of screwing up your pod. I'm not held accountable in any way. But ask nice and I'll help fix it if it blows up.
    REQUIREMENTS:
    #1 must know what it is and does
    2 must pm me a list of commands for it, and explain what they do. (yes, they can be basic commands)
    3 must be willing to answer test question if I see fit
    4 must be willing to install perl (you actually only need part of it, but I havn't found a way to move the rest yet)
    #5 must not complain. I'm not gonna listen to you whine, just get it installed and working and shut up! Of course it's not as good as msf on a pc, it's an itouch!

If your still reading this, pm me.
  2. 4nic8tor

4nic8tor New Member

From another site:

Metasploit - Currently Metasploit 2 (written in Perl) works and msfweb seems to run and work most of the time - Metasploit 3 does not run due to the (still) broken installation of Ruby which is provided through Installer.app. In order to get Metasploit to work most reliably, you will need to ensure you ONLY run msfweb and Safari - running anything else in addition will either cause the ipod to restart or for safari to crash on load.

First grab a copy of the metasploit framework from here http://www.metasploit.com/tools/framework-2.7.tar.gz
    Untar the framework and upload it to your ipod using sftp
    I placed my install in tools/msf/
    Create a symbolic link to msfweb in /usr/bin/ so you can start up msfweb from the terminal without too much typing:

ln -s /root/tools/msf/msfweb /usr/bin/msfweb

Open the terminal and run msfweb & to place the process into the background. If you don't append the &, the process will quit as soon as you switch away from Terminal to Safari. Do note that while the Ipod touch does have a fairly beefy processor, it does take a good 2 - 3 minutes before the msfweb service will be available via Safari so give it some time to load. If all goes well and you see the "msfweb started" message in the terminal you can now open Safari and surf to http://127.0.0.1:55555 If Safari crashes while loading, just reopen it again and it usually loads fine on the second attempt. You might also want to create a bookmark to Metasploit in Safari to save you the trouble of retyping the URL each time you want to use it. To stop msfweb, kill the perl process through SysInfo.app
  3. nachoher87

nachoher87 New Member

Hi! Do you know some way to download it directly to my iTouch?I have the safari download plugin intalled but when i try to open the link it sais "safari cant download this file"(but in spanish

Please Register or Log in to view images

) thanks!!
  4. spinner

spinner New Member

Yes, thats what my ishare is for, to dl metasploit directly to the touch. And to the guy who posted the tut above, now a ton of noobs know how you jackass! Imagine a noob starting it up, getting into someones pc, and totally f***ing it up simply because they don't know what the f*** to do when they get there. It's so easy, I hacked somebody's pc on my first try. My point was to get this penetration testers, and keep dumbass noobs from having this power. Thanks a lot. Have a nice f***in day jackass.
  5. chrism238

chrism238 New Member

Chill out - there's no secret society running here, or any magic that someone, even your 'noobs', can't find searching Google. On your first day you were a noob, too; given your language and ill-deserved sense of superiority, how far have you progressed?
  6. 4nic8tor

4nic8tor New Member

Exactly, you had it worded like they had to pass a quiz to get it. If people want it they could have just searched Google like I did two days ago and got that same info. Metasploit is no big secret. If a noob wants to use it to commit felonies then he has the right just like all the rest of us. However, I am sure that there are plenty of people like me and you who use it for legitimate purposes. You should know as well as I that people like us are not going to take the time to pass your quiz when they could just get it off another site, like you and I did.

These exploits are all public knowledge and anyone with any brains would have them patched by now anyway. Unfortunately, that leaves most people with unpatched vulnerabilities.

7. Rabbiwiz

Rabbiwiz New Member

spinner i really wouldnt worry about it. if some noob really wanted to find out how to do it they would have been able to just search for it and find it. and now they dont have to haha. its really just a question on if they know their commands which are slightly more complicated than just downloading a file

8. cjfost

cjfost New Member

Thank you, Little confused as to were to put the framework in your touch?
  9. paintballa_1492@yahoo.com

paintballa_1492@yahoo.com New Member

Any Updates??

Ok so i was wondering if there was any new news on this program for the ipod touch. i tried downloading it but when i type msfweb & it says: [1] 59 [1] + exit 127 msfweb. ithink i installed it right so i dont have a clue what went wrong and i have spent some time...like 6 hours..on google and youtube but i can not find any help so please comment back
  10. omegahash

omegahash New Member

hello, i'm with spinner on this one but i do not condone his language. i've used metasploit before in some research and i can humbly say i am fairly acquainted with it's basic features. well, just think about one of the powerful application in the security research scene in the hands of almost every script kiddie. bah bah

this forum, being the largest ipod touch forum i know of, is not the proper place for this. IMHO

cheers for having this one on an iPod touch. really interesting