Metallica Revenge sucks, here's why

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by Gangsta692, Jun 6, 2010.

1. Gangsta692

Gangsta692 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hey. So I bought the Appstore app, by the makers of Tap tap 3 etc.; called Metallica Revenge. I bought it because Rock Band isn't available in my country (ridiculous) and because I like Metallica a lot. So I fire it up, but after 1 or 2 songs I notice that those balls coming at you, are too slow. What I mean is, to get maximum points for each ball, you have to delay yourself and not actually follow the tempo of the song exactly. And this just sucks. I play guitar and drums on a daily basis and I'm pretty good at things like Guitar Hero, so I know when something isn't corresponding with a certain tempo/beat. Now, do any of you experience this? I'm expecting lots of users here saying that "no it's just you who's too slow" but no. I know that some people who aren't very good with music don't recognize this issue. I've been at a friends house, trying to play GH: Metallica but I failed miserably because it was so obviously not in sync. I get called noob and one of my friends take over and does pretty good, because he doesn't see that delay. He just hits the buttons without really listening to the music that isn't corresponding. So what I'm asking here, do anybody experience the same thing with the Metallica Revenge app? (I'd like opinions from people who play an instrument(s))

Btw. this is exactly why I wanted Rock Band in the first place, I know that Rock Band and Guitar Hero is made by people who understand that it has to be in the same beat as the song. And atleast on Guitar Hero/Rock band games you're able to calibrate the game. That feature is needed so badly in Metallica Revenge. (Don't know about other tapulous games)
  2. peebrian202869

peebrian202869 Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Cant you play on a different difficulty?
  3. Tkf1

Tkf1 Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    It's made by Tapulous.

I was super excited when I saw it come out. Had it for a very long time. Never played it.
  4. Shawa

Shawa Super Moderator

Device:
    Nexus 4
    What I hate about Tapulous is that they have dozens and dozens of TTR releases.

Why not have one, with all these Bands as in-app purchases?
  5. Tkf1

Tkf1 Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    Money.
  6. Gangsta692

Gangsta692 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Sure and it did help a little, though the extreme difficulty is too easy and the "rotate device" feature is just not working properly. You have to lay down your iPod/iPhone in order to be able to hit multiple buttons. I wish the extreme was not rotate, harder and in sync.

@Tkf1: Why did you never play it? And weird, it says Tapulous on start up.
  7. Magnum

Magnum New Member

I have TTR 3 and TTR2. They release plenty of free songs so you should just get than instead of getting the metallica/beiber/gaga/beiber/coldplay/beiber one.
  8. Gangsta692

Gangsta692 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    At first I didn't understand your post, but then I figured out that you misunderstood the point of my thread.