Metallica - Death Magnetic

Discussion in 'Music, Movies, TV, and Videos' started by Appstore 2.0, Sep 16, 2008.

1. Appstore 2.0

Appstore 2.0 New Member

Have you bought this album? What did you think?

I recently bought this album, not hoping for much, turns out to be an amazing album i really like "the judas kiss" and "all nightmare long".

I'm a big Metallica fan, all of them deserve more money! Buy the album now! (if you're into the genre).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1U5ZIOAXX8

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. mrkatou

mrkatou Banned

I liked some songs off the album such as "All Nightmare Long", and "The Day That Never Comes". There Not as good as they used to be

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. cripesonfriday

cripesonfriday New Member

I download Metallica albums on general principle just to piss Lars and the boys off.

Glad to hear this is good though, they are on "Later Live" tonight at 10pm on BBC2 for anyone interested, along with Kings Of Leon.
  4. Zee

Zee Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Definitely a return to form for Metallica after the crap that was Load, Reload and St. Anger. Not as good as their classic 80s material but still a very good album.
  5. Appstore 2.0

Appstore 2.0 New Member

DUDE thanks so much for this!! I love both bands! I'm soooooo watching.
  6. flashcus

flashcus New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    The new album is amazing. St.anger load and reload were rubbish but this is amazing. My favourite songs are the end of the line and cyanide. GET IT!
  7. Led

Led Banned

I checked out a few songs (i never buy full albums). I got Suicide and Redemption and The End of the Line. They're both pretty awesome.
  8. Appstore 2.0

Appstore 2.0 New Member

Yep. They're great songs.
  9. vipfreak

vipfreak New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I guess I was never a Metallica fan other than their well known hits... But I really missed the memo on what so good about there new stuff. I here people raving about it and it reminds me of when SOAD new stuff came out... garbage.
  10. Appstore 2.0

Appstore 2.0 New Member

It's their and hear for the record.

The new album is great for a few reasons : their old albums weren't terribly good, with like you said - the exception of a few songs. Whereas Death Magnetic really showed Metallica can still rock! The whole album fits together perfectly, and it's just very well composed. I'd like to see Iron Maiden come up with a new album (even though it won't) because it just won't compare with their old stuff. Metallica's new album not only matches their old stuff but in some ways exceeds it. Listen to the lyrics again, and the instrumentals individually and you'll see they all have improved - even the bassist.