Metal Gear Solid 4

Discussion in 'Console & PC Gaming' started by CheeseBurgerMan, Jun 19, 2009.

1. CheeseBurgerMan

CheeseBurgerMan New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    SO I hired out MGS4 today!

Please Register or Log in to view images

I wasn't sure what the online was like currently, and compared to other games - the layout and stuff is pretty crap, but I could get used to it. And you have to sign up?

Anyway. I figured I may as well get it because back in the day without WiFi i was buying $80 games for SP only. I can get this for $40!

Soooo I got some questions!

1. How long is it? Good replay value?
    2. Should I get the Platinum cover or the normal one with the cardboard slip over it?
    3. I've seen some grey box art with coloured writing on eBay... Is this a EU or US version etc.? EDIT: It's the Japanese one

EDIT: Do PS3 Platinum games have a disc without art on it like the PS2 Platinums?
    I don't know If i'd rather a gay box around it or a gay disc lol.

BTW I'm in AUS thanks in advance
  2. NatchIsSoup

NatchIsSoup Banned

MGS4 is quite a lengthy game. It took me roughly 15 hours to complete it on my first playthrough. And yes, you have to sign up and make an online name just for the game. Online's okay, but the population is really low nowadays. But the single player should keep you busy for a while.
  3. ZombieKiller

ZombieKiller Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    The game is pretty long, and you can always play again, try to get stuff you didnt, go through the game to try to get a better emblem at the end, and you can always try to get all the guns... and maybe try to beat it on Big Boss hard.
  4. CheeseBurgerMan

CheeseBurgerMan New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Cool thanks guys, but does anyone know if the platinum versions for PS3 games have different discs like PS2 Platinum Discs had no Pic just silver and black with the title in like, Arial font or something...

EDIT: How many Acts are there? I just finished Act 1 in 3 hours so is there about 5 Acts?
    EDIT EDIT: Yup there are 5 Acts.

Can you do some kind of mission/act select after you beat the game?
  5. - Wesker -

- Wesker - New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    MGS4 in my opinion is the best game ever, is long and when you finish it, you can play MGO, that is awesome
  6. InaudibleWhisper

InaudibleWhisper Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Great game, worst in the series, good length but over half of it is cutscenes (I know all MGS games are but this is indulgent even my Kojima standards).