Messenger app. idea.

Discussion in 'Application Ideas' started by i-r-david, Jan 19, 2008.

1. i-r-david

i-r-david New Member

Is it possible (for somebody with application making skillz and sheznet) to make a messaging application for the iPod touch that is iPod to iPod? Would that be possible? Kinda like on the Nintendo DS, using the iPod's wifi connecting thingy abilities to connect to other iPods. Or am I just talking crap?
    I think it'd be quite good though.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Manic Nimrod

Manic Nimrod Well-Known Member

Apollo, its in the installer
  3. i-r-david

i-r-david New Member

4. Manic Nimrod

Actuall y you might have to add it to the installer

Ste Packaging: psmxy.org/iphone-apps
    Quote:

* Oblique / Lights Off / Tap Tap Revolution / Aquarium / 15 / Balls / Frotz / Zune2 / Butterfly / Tic-Tac-Toe / iBlackJack / PigShooter / Mobile Tetris / Labyrinth / iSolitaire / Lighttpd / ApolloIM / MobileJuhu / Navizon / AFP Server / USENET Reader / Send Pics / Send File / Send Song / Music Quiz / Pushr / iFlickr / iPowerHour / Mobile Cast / FireFly Media Server / iFlix / Make My Day / MobileScrobbler / Books / weDict / Mobile RSS / Magenta / Text Edit / To Do / Money / Finder / Squid / Preview / LockBox / Mobile Quran / CrossWalk / iStudy / Dock / Open SSH / Stack / iCountDown / Erica's Manual / Widgets / uiCtl / Sensors / Taskbar Notifier / Erica's Utilities / Tapp / Swap Tunes / Customize / Pedometer / iSplit / Services / Search / CL Utilities / SysInfo / iMapIdle / DropCopy / DaliClock / MiM Carrier / Light / Ants / Blinker / RedLight / Vista / Block Puzzle / Backgammon, Block Puzzle, ContraSense, Dominos, HuaRondDao, Towers Of Hanoi, ZIP-Codes, Dashbuster, iFlix, iStrands, PhotoBoard, Simplify Media Mobile, WebSearch, iFartz, MultiTouch, Sand
    * NEW: EvolutionRGB
  5. i-r-david

i-r-david New Member

Wait... Isn't Apollo just using hotmail and stuff? I mean just iPod to iPod, no need for internet access or anything; you just have to be in range of another iPod. lol
  6. Manic Nimrod

Whoops, sorry.

*hangs head in shame*
  7. i-r-david

i-r-david New Member

Lol.
    Do you think that would be possible though?

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. padsquad43

padsquad43 New Member

he means specifically ipod touch/iphone talking to other ipod touches/iphones. and that might be a little complicated. someone would have to create something where you would have to make your own account for this, which might take some time.
  9. i-r-david

i-r-david New Member

Yeah, that's what I mean! I think it'd be a boss application. Also, you could have it on "roam" setting so that when you're walking around and somebody else is using the app. they could message you and it'd make a noise. Lol. I guess that'd use loads of battery power though.