Messed up my iPod while trying to restore...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by avyfain, Sep 7, 2010.

1. avyfain

avyfain New Member

• Immature or obscene comments
    Ok.... So I have a 3rd gen iPod touch and had it hacked with Spirit, and a couple of days ago the glass cracked (I woke up and it was like that, I guess one of my friends leaned on it or something).

I wanted to take it to an Apple Store to get it fixed, so I had to restore it. Pretty dumbly, I went into settings and pressed the restart settings and contents button. Immediately, my iPod went black and the Apple logo appeared on the screen, as well as the loading wheel.

I waited for like an hour and the iPod still hadn't returned to usual, so I just had it back in my pocket and kept on with my business. Afterward, I checked it again and it was all black, but... the battery had finished.

Since then, I tried to charge it again, and it simply goes back to the logo and wheel screen. When I try to plug it to the computer, it doesn't recognize the iPod. I restarted my computer and tried again, I've pressed the sleep/power and menu button until it restarts, I've downloaded the new version of iTunes, and nothing seems to help.

Right now I don't care about the screen anymore, just want the software to work.... any ideas?
  2. Lux2GS

Lux2GS Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    DFU Mode and Shift+Restore.
    DO NEVER AGAIN PRESS THAT BUTTON WHILST HAVING A JAILBREAK!
  3. avyfain

avyfain New Member

When you say DFU that means

Right?

But what do you mean by shift and restore?
    Shift to recovery?

Please explain a bit more, since I actually don't know what to do and my iPod has been like this for a couple of days already...
  4. XxRedRumxX

XxRedRumxX Well-Known Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Press the shift key then click restore and select your firmware
  5. avyfain

avyfain New Member

First of all, my iPod doesn't go completely off... The apple appears on the screen as soon as I plug it, but iTunes doesn't recognize it... Then, when I follow the DFU steps, it starts off, I plug it in, press the power button and it turns on. Then as i hold the home and power buttons, it gets off again and while I hold only the home button it goes on again, without being recognized.