Message sending help.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by NewToTheGrounds, Jul 7, 2009.

1. NewToTheGrounds

NewToTheGrounds Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Hey guys I'm having a problem with my MMS, me and my gf both have an iphone 3G there both jailbroken and both running firmware 3.0 we can send txt messages to each other fine, but neither of us can send pictures when either of us try to send a picture a red exclamation mark shows up beside the picture and if you click on it, it says it can't be sent. Thanks for any help.

Also I was talking to a rep about it and he wanted to connect me to there tech department to try trouble shooting it and running diagnostics on it. Is there a way they can find out that its jailbroken over the phone if this problem persists and i need to call them. If i have to should I just re-flash it back to retail?

Carrier Rogers Canada
  2. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Over the phone there is nothing they can do, just don't let your tongue slip.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Did the problem exist before you jailbroke?
  3. germ

germ New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    i would bet that you ahve the wrong settings for your network plan. try searching for other MMS settings that it could possibly be.

make sure that MMS is turned ON in in General>Messesages>MMS Messaging

look in go to Settings>General>Network>Cellular Network

those are the settings you need to work with. find out what other settings there could be for the APN, MMSC, and MMS Proxy.

it may take some trial and error, but eventually, you should be able to get it.
  4. NewToTheGrounds

NewToTheGrounds Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    As soon as i got mine and the gfs phones i updated to 3.0 and jailbroke them, so it hasent been tested unjailbroken as far as my mms settings all my stuff is enabled thats what they checked when i first called , they said should be able to. Im thinking of just flashing it than taking it into a rogers store when i got to the mall. Is it possible to SSH my hole phone to my comp that way when i re jailbrake again after i can just drop all my cracks and stuff back on?
  5. germ

germ New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    if you guys have a bunch of apps installed on the phone, then i would bet that there is a conflict with one of them.

so restore it and immediately check MMS and the settings. if it works then it was an app you installed.

if it still doesnt work, then its your settings or your carrier.
  6. NewToTheGrounds

NewToTheGrounds Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    So I restored it to factory and still no go on the sending of pictures, I also double checked all the MMS settings and various other ones everything looks good. I'm going to head to a Rogers tomorrow and have them look at it b/c they supposedly support it and I was also told by a rep on the phone they do so hopefully they can figure it out I'll let you guys know thanks.