Merkury Innovations Touch 2G Silicone Case - Radio Shack

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Ford GT, Nov 26, 2008.

1. Ford GT

Ford GT Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I went looking for a good silicone case at my local retailers and found a few choices. I picked up these two at Radio Shack for $9.99 and wasn't expecting much. I was right!

Just the standard flimsy silicone with rough edges and a fit that isn't so tight. The edges of the case are floppy and don't fit well at all and the top and bottom are loose fitting too. The Kroo case on my ZVM is a much better case.

The white case(you get 2 in the package, 1 black/1 white) fits better but I don't like the look of it. It looks terrible having what with the black glass frame of the iPod and the white of the case.

Here are a few photos. Notice the wording in the second pic.

My only other option locally is the Griffin Flex Grip. Is this any better? What kind of silicone is it made of? Will it stretch like these cheaper cases do or does it fit tight?

Attached Files:

2. meepo

meepo New Member

well the spelling errors on the box should be enough for anyone to refrain from buying this case. Seriously "2th gerneration"?.
  3. Grateful11

Grateful11 New Member

I picked up the Merkury sleeves today as basically it's only ones I could find in a two city area. They seem to fit a bit better after it sits for a while after stretching it on. I didn't notice the spelling error until I read it here, pretty funny though.
  4. TheConqueror

TheConqueror New Member

that is the funniest spelling error I have ever seen

its the Twoth generation
  5. mieraisamazing

mieraisamazing Banned

well u could also try speck pixel skin cases... im geting mine in soon.. they are supposed to be real nice

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. -Kerrigan-

-Kerrigan- New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    They look pretty bulky though. Do they make them for the 2nd generation iPod Touch?