merging different blending modes

Discussion in 'Graphics, Design, and Photography' started by Crypt, Mar 15, 2009.

1. Crypt

Crypt Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    so this picture should sum up my problems

Please Register or Log in to view images

any way to merge a group filled with such different blending modes as 'overlay', 'color dodge', 'multiply', and 'soft light', without it turning all stupid and faded like you see up there?
  2. MrBrightside

MrBrightside Active Member

I dont think theres a way to make it exactly how you want it quite simply because you're merging a group into one layer but that has many different blending modes. I guess some will just contradict eachother so will look wrong as you've said.

While googling, some answers say something like this:

Hide all the other layers except the ones you want to merge, select all and then copy the merged layers (control + shift + c), you can then paste the merged result in a new layer and delete the others.

I just Googled 'merge a group with different blending modes'. Its been asked. From the couple of websites I looked at, no one seemed to get it exactly how they wanted it.
  3. berky93

berky93 New Member

I wish you could save images with blending modes intact. you could do a lot of great things with blending modes outside of photoshop