Merge of iPadimo and iPodtouchfans

Discussion in 'Site feedback, suggestions, and discussions' started by Ari., Apr 15, 2010.

1. Ari.

Ari. Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    Hi,

Just wanted to say I love the forum update, less confusing then what it was before, especially having to load up two separate sites.
    Also, I was more distracted with iPadimo so I hardly posted on iPodtouchfans so this will make me post more on both sites.

Hope this will stick for a while ^-^, thats all I really wanted to say,

I know it might have taken a bit of hassle for everything to be moved and moved without any interruption to either sites so yeah, Good job

Please Register or Log in to view images

Ariarch ^^
  2. kingcoolryan

kingcoolryan Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    i think it is confusing.. to crowded
  3. Ari.

Ari. Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    I guess it is a little crowded, but i find it alot easier to navigate and find everything, plus its all on the same site which I find helps.

Well, for all we know he may still be working on it so it may get less crowded

4. bgizzle

bgizzle Administrator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    You can't please everyone. This is the most logical arrangement and it was a much-needed reorganization that allows for easier and quicker navigation based on data about how the majority of users interact with the site.
  5. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I think it's a great idea. There's a lot of cross discussion between the devices and it keeps it centralised. Would be a great touch if the top logo also changed between the forums
  6. Ari.

Ari. Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    I had an idea about for people who find it confusing or harder to find stuff.

What you could possible do is in the 'edit options' section, you could have a a section that allows the user to hid any forums category or sub category.

This would probably take some work to get perfect, and I know there is a way to minimize an entire forum section but this new option could hide sub categories?

I don't know how to explain better, but it could be nice for those who only visit say 20% of the entire site, they can then hide the rest and find it easier.

No worries if it can't be done, a suggestion cant hurt ^^
  7. bgizzle

Device:
    iPhone 6
    Yes, this will likely be added in a future update.
  8. Ari.

Ari. Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    Ok thats awesome

, can't wait.
  9. eKoKnight

eKoKnight Member

Hey I was thinking. Does this mean also that the domain will change from ifans.com to multitouchfans.com? And if so will people be directed from ifans.com to multitouchfans.com.... Cause that be confusing for alot of the new guys... Or other sites that may have you marked down as ifans.com....
  10. bgizzle

Device:
    iPhone 6
    For the foreseeable future, the domain name will remain the same for exactly this reason. we do own multitouchfans.com though, there is just no need to change domains.