memory taken up by themes?

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by Waffle2jazz, May 11, 2010.

1. Waffle2jazz

Waffle2jazz Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    So i just jailbroke my friends ipod a few days ago and hes big in the themes and all and he was wondering if themes will take up a lot of room on his ipod. He has an 8gb and i already showed him how to delete Winterboard themes (figured out myself, I'll do a guide later) but he is a bit concerned he may be overdoing the themes. He has only downloaded 10 themes but he wanted to be on the safe side. Can someone just specify if themes take up a lot of memory over time or if he can go wild and download whatever he wants cause he doesn't have to worry about losing lots of memory. I appreciate everyones answers

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Like anything else, themes—groups of images with the occasional plain text file—take up space. Certainly, "overdoing" it, wouldn't be good; however, I would not at all consider 10 themes to be "overdoing" it. Also, it depends on how much free space he has. I don't have any themes handy, and I'm not a big-time themer (I'm happy with just a custom wallpaper and dock, nothing more), so I can't throw solid numbers at you, but I don't think there is any reason to be concerned.
  3. dunuck

dunuck Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    The biggest themes can take up anywhere from 10mb to 30mb (extreme cases with over 500 custom icons)
    Dont worry most of the themes just weight from 2mb to 4mb
  4. Waffle2jazz

Waffle2jazz Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Alright thanks, i don't think he has anything to worry about then. I myself just like custom backgrounds, batteries, sliders, etc. I'm more of a "make it yourself" person when it comes to themes so you can say. I'll let him know as lnog as he doesn't overdo it then he'll be fine. I can't see him overdoing it though as he likes to delete themes he doesnt use anymore so i really shouldn't worry. Thanks you both

Please Register or Log in to view images