Memory leak?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by Zee, Sep 27, 2008.

1. Zee

Zee Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Ive got the iPhone 3G and I'm running jailbroken 2.1. I notice that if I keep the phone in standby mode for a few days things start to slow down. I need to actually reboot the phone every few days to keep it snappy. Anyone else with similar experiences?
  2. keeweeman-ape

keeweeman-ape New Member

lol, i know exactly what you mean. I have an iPod Touch Gen1 and i have noticed that after installing more and more software and just over time it starts to slow down. I have been told that the iphone and the touch are some what similar to a computer in that they run back ground programs or continue to run some programs after closing it. And just like a computer they need to be restarted. I also noticed that over time they start to take longer to boot. But after updating it goes back to normal. As a means to avoid the slowing down thing i tend to sart the ipod from scratch every now and then (like every 2 to 3 month)

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. bkram1

bkram1 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    My iPhone gets VERY slow, I reboot just like you do.

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. Anonymouslyanonymous

Anonymouslyanonymous Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Well since your jailbroken, most likely you have some background processes running. E.g. Winterboard? I have noticed if i disable winterboard, springboard loads snappier and smoother.
  5. Pelaez-1

Pelaez-1 New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    "Every few days" is pretty good. The more apps you have, the more resources the device uses, I think it's healthy to reboot once a day, to free up memory, besides it takes around 2 minutes...

IntelliScreen 2.22 had serious memory leakage issues, if you don't have 2.23 already, update it.
  6. poopstain

poopstain New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    The other day I got a message saying that my touch was low on memory and needed to restart..

so if it gets bad enough the message should pop up.
  7. hakk79

hakk79 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Return it to apple.
  8. Aduumzor

Aduumzor New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Well of course thats true.
    You need to restart every operating thing.
    Take a human for example, lets keep you awake for a week and see what happens. You'll need a reboot (sleep) just like an iPhone.