mediawiki or wiki app alternative

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by nemof, Mar 15, 2009.

1. nemof

nemof New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Is mediawiki or another kind of wiki software available for the ipod touch?

By this I do not mean is there an app that can access wikipedia, I want an app that runs the wikipedia software, or similar.

I keep a private wiki as a way of storing info/projects/etc. It would be great if I had a mobile version, any ideas?
  2. Kadoogan

Kadoogan New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    There is an app called 'Trunk' which is a personal Wiki for the iPhone or iPod Touch. I have it but haven't had a chance to play with it much so far. You can connect from any web browser over WiFi to your device while it runs the app, and add/edit your notes from the browser.

More info:

http://www.appsonthemove.com/trunk/index.html

There is a video demo there. Looks pretty good. I must find time to have a play with it myself!

$2.99 from the app store (or £1.79 sterling). Only two reviews in the UK store, both rating it 5. One review comments that judging from the developer's forum, there looks to be a good development roadmap.
  3. Kadoogan

Kadoogan New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Just discovered one other useful app for those who'd like Wiki style notes on their iPhone/iPod Touch.

If you have a Mac you may have heard of an app called VoodooPad. It's a very nice Wiki based notes app, well worth it's $29.95 asking price.

In the App Store is a free app called VP Reader. Using this you can sync VoodooPad documents with your iPhone and read them on the device. As I have only just discovered this and my VoodooPad docs are all at home I haven't yet tested it. I think it is just a viewer, and has no editing functions. Hopefully some could get added in future, but I don't know if that is the plan or not.

There is a free 'lite' version of VoodooPad but I suspect it won't have the sync feature. There is no Windows version of VoodooPad.