Media Player for iPad? No good Xvid support yet

Discussion in 'iPad' started by nicknowsky, May 18, 2010.

1. nicknowsky

nicknowsky New Member

Device:
    iPad
    I mean we all know Apple dont support the most popular formats, the iPad is a more than ideal video player, movies look great. I hate converting all my video. Is there no good media player available on Cydia yet? I mean YXFlash is iPad supported, but its works like pure garbage, way to slow.

Anyways whats the word on a good 3rd party media player, that will support the basic top formats like AVI or .MKV? AirVideo is a great idea, and works, but I want total freedom. Im just surprised someone hasnt yet optimized video for this beast of a device. 1GHz!! I mean that can play any file type.

If anyone has any suggestions, or can recommend anything lemme know. And if not, whats the best iPad video converter?
  2. d00m42

d00m42 Member

Handbrake is the best converter (and it's 100% free).

As for player, I'll do some looking. I used to have this player that was basically a port of VLC (and it worked with nearly everything), but it wasn't organized perfectly. I forget what it's called.
  3. nicknowsky

nicknowsky New Member

Device:
    iPad
    yeah vlc4iPhone is okay for my iPod Touch 2G, I heard no good on the iPad though, I mean you gotta agree with me, this iPad should be media player monster, its half the function of the iPad. The whole tablet craze is part media player, basically making those portable DVD player obsolete
  4. Alpha911

Alpha911 New Member

Device:
    iPad
    Take a Look at Airvideo, its so awesome, you can stream any format from your Computer.
  5. nicknowsky

nicknowsky New Member

Device:
    iPad
    i mentioned that already, its ok, it isn't all that, but its ok if im home i guess, I really think there needs to be smooth video player, the ipad is jailbroken, you can do soo much crazy stuff with it now, how come something as simple as a working video/media player isn't available alreasy, that should of been first on the list
  6. Deevious

Deevious New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I was hoping for vlc4iphone to be ported soon, but I do agree that converting all my videos just to watch on the ipad becomes a little annoying and redundant especially since logically it should be able to play most formats out of the box considering what it is marketed as; can't be much to ask for.

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. oposky2006

oposky2006 New Member

Why shall we choose Pavtube Video Converter?
    The following details attracted us:
    Enjoy videos like TiVo, M2TS, MOD, VOB, AVI/Xvid/Vidx, WMV, MKV, Flash videos etc everywhere with portable devices like iPad, iPod, iPhone, Blackberry etc.
    Faster conversion speed, saving you at least half time to convert a same file.
    Better output video quality without any audio and video sync issues.
  8. Andymans

Andymans New Member

Y x player has recently been updated and runs much faster. I tried a xvid other day and it wasn't bad at all. No converting either. It's on instalous too.
  9. topfer

topfer New Member

I use vlc player. I would say that is it one of the best media players out there with its light-weight design and customizable interface. I used it for quite a white and it never had any bugs or crashes. Check out the vlc player download page if interested.

Downloadvlcplayer.org
  10. clock2113

clock2113 Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    VLC is great... but it's not on the ipad.

Anyways, Airvideo is the best solution if you're home... otherwise I like Oplayer, because it can ftp files off my server before I go, which yxplayer can't.