Me miss my Themey!!!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by cocotutch, Nov 21, 2008.

1. cocotutch

cocotutch Community Development Team Staff Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    On Rant theObject

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd....I took the plunge.

I installed iTunes 8.0.2 this morning then got the "2.2 is available, download me now" alert popped up around lunch time. Almost instantly, I ignored it (left it up) and loaded iPod Touch Fans and iPhone Dev's Blog, found out it was "safe" to update to 2.2 on all devices bar the iPhone 3G and then read the feature list here. Since I lost my theme I was working on (Contempo) I reverted to the Stock theme with only 2 JB' apps. I thought, "I'm not missing anything much"....well.....ME MISS MY THEMEY!!!! I like all the fixes and stuff but my iPod without Cydia, WinterBoard, Respring, Categories, Installer and **HACKED** Apps from AppStore (NO LINKS)** I now cannot apply my new theme "Hiratai" to my device until the Dev Team release QuickPwn/PwnageTool 2.2.whatever.

The apps are MUCH faster, no lagging when closing apps, iPod App opens much quicker, Settings loads quicker and my WiFi no longer drops out when loading a page in Safari. Don't get me wrong, I love what Apple have made their Touch OS into and all, but they should just "OPEN IT UP" (Hint Hint) to stop the Dev Team from having to constantly hack around and change carefully organized things, and allow us to have Cydia by Default or even allow you to upload Touch Apps from your computer (downloaded/jailbroken) in iTunes via the Apps tab.

That sounds great, but hey, how long did it take Apple to include App Store? And even then, they still have "Concentration-Camp like" control over it. The Misfits (Apple)

Please Register or Log in to view images

should make iPhone OS more like Mac OS X and allow us to make and run our own Apps in Xcode and on iPhone/iPod Touch without a special license for Personal use, if you want to sell it through App Store, a membership. If you want to sell it externally, no membership. Just like how you make and sell OS X apps today.

Apple,

It is getting a bit out of hand out here in the "real" world. We all love your products, but you will end up having to make it like Mac OS X. Hacking is not going to stop until you listen to us.

End Rant

cocotutch
  2. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    If App Store applications were sold externally, Apple would have no control over them. Plus, they would not receive their 30% share of the profits.
  3. Anonymouslyanonymous

Anonymouslyanonymous Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yea I'm just waiting for the apps to be ported to 2.2. Can't live without Statusnotifier, winterboard, sbsettings, etc.
  4. dieselboy27

dieselboy27 New Member

is this confirmed that these apps do not work on 2.2??
  5. jfb392

jfb392 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I'm running WinterBoard right now and it works fine, and BigBoss has confirmed SBSettings to work.
  6. kingkai

kingkai New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    on 2.2? cuz ur thing says ur 2.1 so how did u jb 2.2?
  7. dieselboy27

dieselboy27 New Member

He probably hasn't gotten around to changing his profile yet.