MB model iTouch 2G "Restoring" 3.1.2

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by black92y, Jul 23, 2010.

1. black92y

black92y New Member

Well...
    I have MB model ipod touch 2G (jailbroken), and it's on firmware 3.1.2, currently. I haven't upgraded it to 3.1.3 or 4.0, (actually I didn't even know they existed.)
    But, one day, a problem started. Whenever I close an app, it goes to safe mode. It applied to every apps, even Settings...
    So, I tried to restore it and JB again, but I couldn't restore it from 3.1.2 to 3.1.2 FW with iTunes 9.2.
    I looked at other threads, and tried [editing hosts files], [TinyUnbrella(which only works for MC, so I failed)], and reinstalling different versions of iTunes several times, and rebooting, and re-JB... Everything failed.

and I got some questions... if Tinyunbrella only works for MC, does it mean that MB doesn't have to have SHSH blobs?
    I certainly didn't upgrade to 4.0, but when I clicked "Make my life easier" in Cydia, it showed that My SHSH version saved is :4.0... which I never had.

I tried everything... please help......
    1. I want to restore to 3.1.2, which is my current FW; I never upgraded to higher FW.
    2. ipod goes to safe mode whenever I close my apps: any apps, not just cracked ones.
  2. Half-Life

Half-Life Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Ok:

1. Tiny Umbrella save shsh blobs for any device besides for 1g iPod and iPhone 2g
    2. Make My Life Easier can and will have you blobs saved for 4.0 or any version even if you don't have it on your iPod.
    3. What are you trying to do restore?

P.S. It goes into safe mode because you have activator set to go into safe mode when home button is pressed. Go to settings then activator then scroll down till you see reset or something like that.
  3. black92y

black92y New Member

I checked, but activator doesn't seem to be the evil one.

and [2. Make My Life Easier can and will have you blobs saved for 4.0 or any version even if you don't have it on your iPod.]
    here, I just can't understand what you are saying, sorry... but thanks.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    And, what I want to do is to restore 3.1.2 in iTunes, and JB again. I'm stuck at restoring...
  4. Half-Life

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    How is it stuck at restoring? What error where does it stop?
  5. black92y

black92y New Member

It used to say something like unknown error 39xx, but now, it says it cannot find ipod software update server or it's temporarily unavailable, or something... I didn't do anything, and the error type changed...
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Now, I get unknown error (3194)
  6. Half-Life

Device:
    iPhone 5S