Maybe it's the reason of battery drain on iDevices/Help needed

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by ManGforce, Sep 24, 2010.

1. ManGforce

ManGforce Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    hello everyone,
    so today i installed iTunes backup manager, and was looking at the backed up files on my ipod touch's backup and i saw some .plist files that are related to the jailbreak apps. For example, i found something about sbsettings although everything related to sbsetting is deleted from my ipod. all what i have from cydia is the pdf patch, but i found alot of stuff that are related to apps ive installed and removed before from cydia, so im just wondering, does anyone knows how to delete those files? if u r familiar to itunes backup manager, i checked all the files and unchecked those ones related to cydia, and restored from that backup (without restoring ipod to factory settings first)
    after that, i deleted all backups on my computer, and created a new backup after restoring of that backup, and opened itunes backup manager again, and i saw those files related to cydia again. so does anyone know how to delete them?
    thanks
  2. iRa1n

iRa1n Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    The backups hold some info from various plists around the iPod that have been modified by jailbreak apps. It's normal and shouldnt affect the battery life
  3. ManGforce

ManGforce Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    well overtime, those plists will increase over and over... so i just need to know if u can remove them or not..
  4. Tkf1

Tkf1 Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    You shouldn't restore from a backup of a jailbroken iPod. It leave's some jailbreak data.
  5. ManGforce

ManGforce Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    well only if im planning to lose all my apps data, contacts, etc.. which im not.. thats why im trying to delete those extra jailbreak data... so help..?
  6. iRa1n

iRa1n Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    The extra jailbreak data wont be draining your battery. You dont need to delete it
  7. ManGforce

ManGforce Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    im sure that the sbsetting thing is draining my battery, cuz when i first installed sbsettings, the battery drain started, but when i removed it, nothing had changed.
    so im sure it is draining battery
  8. iRa1n

iRa1n Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    The fact that you are 'sure' that it is sbsettings means you will notice a difference with or without it, but its just a placebo effect
  9. ManGforce

ManGforce Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Well so do u know how to delete them or not?
  10. iRa1n

iRa1n Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch