iOS 4.0 Maybe found new Loophole

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by nskjunky, Aug 27, 2010.

1. nskjunky

nskjunky Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Hi guys,

first of all, informations about my iPod:

iPod Touch 3rd Gen. 32GB
    iOS 4.0

I Jailbroke my iPod and installed iFile.
    As I was searching for a way to automise the app logo for the iFlat theme when changing from german to english (icons such as contacts don't change their logo due to some new firmware issues, I discovered a file called "SystemVersion.plist".

So I just changed the Version String and rebooted. I changed it to 3.1.3, but after the reboot the springboard-crash-message popped up. So I connected my iPod to my computer and saw, that iTunes said, that my iPod was running on 3.1.3.

So I changed it to the newest firmware (4.1 beta 3)

Before iTunes said, that there was a new firmware available. Now it says that my iPod is on the newest firmware.

I don't want to screw my jailbreak so I am asking, if someone wants to test, if there is a way to downgrade WITHOUT having a backup of the SHSH.

With best regards,

nskjunky
  2. xXrkidXx

xXrkidXx Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Nope. All this does is let you change what your iPod thinks it's version is.
  3. ayeitschris

ayeitschris Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    oh so, if you change your os version to 3.0 from sysyemversion, itunes will think your running on 3.0 and then you can restore from a 3.0 fireware?
  4. deadlyvirus

deadlyvirus New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    3.1 is the earliest a 3G can go, but it still does an SHSH check when you restore.
  5. nskjunky

nskjunky Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    damn...

that would be quite crazy if that would work

but how come that as i changed the value to 4.1 beta 3, and restarted, the screen ahd the apple logo PLUS the actual bar, as if I updated to a newer version?
  6. gdscei

gdscei New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Changing to 3.0 or 3.1.2/3.1.3 would still not make a difference.... You still can't restore it to these firmwares, it still does that shsh check, like deadlyvirus said too. It won't help you in any way.