Maybe Advertisement(Read)

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by startrees, Jul 29, 2009.

1. startrees

startrees Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    This morning as I want to go check my E-Mail at Yahoo.com something caught my eye it was a headline, "Why the end maybe near for Apple iPods"(as I am a big fan of Apple I had to check it out). It suggested how the iPod sales have dropped. It said the the drops were because of the iPhone and iPod touch. Then I came to the last part of the article. There it seemed not as if any news report was talking but Steve Jobs. Then it was all about the iPod touch. A mic camera but why just 3 megapixel like the iPhone? What about a 5-6? And with those gorgeous pictures why not extend the memory with a micro-sd slot?

It was then that I realized this wasn't a article but a advertisement. Cause Apple is smart enough to start buzz before they even announce the product.

Don't believe me?

http://finance.yahoo.com/family-home/article/107415/the-ipod-is-dead-long-live-the-ipod.html
  2. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    The artcile said the drops were because of he iPod touch and iPhone encroaching on the original iPod's territory, so people were going for the touchscreen devices. Not the clickwheel.
  3. startrees

startrees Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    i know i said that in there but the point is at the bottom
  4. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    I don't believe it is an advertisement. It is merely speculation, that Yahoo! Finances has picked up on. WE start the romors, WE keep them alive. Apple doesn't need to pay people to start speculation, because WE do that ourselves.
  5. Hellishness

Hellishness Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    thats the only thing they say will happen.
  6. Mgssidley

Mgssidley Member

7. Jay_21

Jay_21 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    @ Mgssidley after seeing that i kinda feel ripped off. But I had to have an ipod touch when it first came out, and payed $450 for a 16g. But O well ill have this ipod forever its tough as nails. Heck i still have my now 4 year old ipod mini that still works great.
  8. touch_iPod

touch_iPod Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    Hey jay_21, you're a mini user too? This ancestor of the nano was what made me enter the world of iPod... Plus it's still with me also, but heavily under-used though...

As for that article, it does look interesting, what with all those figures mentioning about a quarterly drop in sales etc... But at the same time, Apple certainly has to ensure that its iPod touch and iPhone stand out amongst the competition since things are gonna get hot with new products from Palm, Creative, and Microsoft being introduced...