Maybe a solution to Customize and SummerBoard full use!

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.3 Application Compatibility' started by fr0z3nic3, Jan 28, 2008.

1. fr0z3nic3

fr0z3nic3 New Member

Ok, I think I have a way to make Customize and SummerBoard work at its full use.. Ok, so once you've Jailbroke 1.1.3 and you made this file change

~/system/library/coreservices/ and open systemversion.plist.

<Key>productversion</key>
    <spring>1.1.3</spring>

Once you see this all you have to do is change 1.1.3 to 1.1.2 so it looks like this:

<Key>productversion</key
    <spring>1.1.2</spring>

Reboot your iPod and then go to installer and install summerboard and customize as you normally would.

You now have Customize and SummerBoard, but the thing is you can't use certain features in these applications and I may have the solution to this problem.. Now if you would like to try this please come back an post your results on this thread.. Ok, so heres my theory..

Of course you have OpenSSH installed on your iPod.. Were gonna put that to use..
    Connect your iPod to your computer and open your FTP program..
    Once your iPod is connected to your FTP program go to the Library and find Customize and SummerBoard..
    Open them up and change the permission to everything in them to 755..
    Yes, that means going into every sub-folder in Customize and SummerBoard and changing the permissions to 755.. Once you have all those files changed in permission to 755 refresh your FTP program and unplug your iPod and go to your iPod Spring Board and test SummerBoard's themes and see if the wallpapers work.. Report back here with the result..

Please Register or Log in to view images

Edit: Your any folder involving Customize or Summerboard change the permission to 755..

2. botty

botty New Member

i would try this out but carnt at the min doin gmy dads and sisters ipod touch jailbreak.
  3. x6blues

x6blues New Member

tried it with customize, nothing. i havnt gotten it to work at all. just comes up to the chicken then it crashes
  4. kappatango

kappatango New Member

I already tried this earlier today buddy - didnt work *( for me )

Did all files in /Applications/Customize.app as well as all the files created in /Media
  5. fr0z3nic3

fr0z3nic3 New Member

Keep tapping the screen when Chicken pops up..
  6. Steaps

Steaps New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    If you use the official jailbreak, i believe, you can install and use customize fine. I installed and it opens fine, havent used anything on it though. (1.1.3)
  7. idoubtit92

idoubtit92 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    tried it and it works
    summerboard works the first time after a reboot, then all it needs to do is respring to change themes, like before

customize works. it didnt crash on me at all... i personally think that its because of the customize fix by Skylar i installed, but I'm not sure
  8. fr0z3nic3

fr0z3nic3 New Member

Your any folder involving Customize or Summerboard change the permission to 755..

9. x6blues

x6blues New Member

wuts weird is i used the official, windows batch file and all that, then i got the new customize in recent packages. tried tapping the chicken, nothing..
  10. hockeystar815

hockeystar815 New Member

i did this yesterday for customized and it opens fine and works as normal and befor in 1.1.2 but havent tried summerboard... ill try it in a bit and report back