may return for iphone

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Roger555, Oct 10, 2007.

1. Roger555

Roger555 New Member

well i love me touch so much that i want to have it with me at all times but its just an ipod and as much as i want it on me at all times its just to many things to carry. SOOOO im considering the iphone i would have to pay to buy out of my sprint contract but i would add on to my parents at&t and pay like 35/month so should i do it what do you think the advantages of the touch will be over the iphone in the long run if any besides the 16gig??
  2. kevio

kevio New Member

$35 a month with data?
  3. cowboyshootist

cowboyshootist New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    The iPhone data plan is $19/mo unlimited access. Text and voice would be additional. If he gets on a Family plan with ATT he can share minutes with the rest of the family for only $10 more, at least this is the way it works in the US.

It's possible he could do it for $35/mo but that would be for minimal voice usage.
  4. kevio

kevio New Member

Ah, I see. Yeah, I guess I'm used to more minutes. I have a family plan with my wife and she uses most of the minutes.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Unfortunately we are on Verizon. Or I would have bought an iPhone instead of the Touch.
  5. plg6067

plg6067 New Member

well there is a couple of advantages
    1. obviously the extra 8gb
    2. if your like me you don't worry about scratching your phone, if I treat my ipot like I do my phone it would be f'ed up with scratches, so have maby if your like me you would have to be a LOT more carefull with your phone
    3. battery, if you like to listen to music a lot and make calls then you battery would run out fast
    4. it's smaller, but I guess not having to carry around the phone and ipod would makr up for the size

if that is what you want by all means go for it, I find myself wanting speakers and internet(when I am not in wifi) all the time. I don't have an iphone cuz I cant live with just 8gbs but if that is enough for you GO FOR IT! either way you win!