May have seriously messed up?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by PjCphatty89, Jan 26, 2008.

1. PjCphatty89

PjCphatty89 New Member

So i had the worst possible situtation. I had the latest firmware 1.1.3 and the latest itunes 7.6. I am trying to get the Jailbreak 1.1.2 using various tricks but i may have messed up.

So, the first thing i did was downgrade the itunes 7.6 to 7.5. Then, i plugged the ipod in but the itunes did not recognize it probably because it was already tuned with the 7.6 itunes. So, i force restored it and finally 7.5 recognized my ipod. I used the method in the following links:

http://rupertgee.wordpress.com/2008/01/17/worlds-easiest-113-to-111-downgrade/
    and
    http://rupertgee.wordpress.com/2007...pod-touch-firmware-to-version-111-using-os-x/

You may have noticed i skipped some of the important notices because i believed i would be able to by pass it. However i am in a bit of a dilemma now. My ipod is now stuck in recovery mode and it wont allow me to use the 1.1.1 firmware on my ipod. Itunes keeps giving me a :

"The ipod "---" cannot be restored. An Unknown error has occurred. (1604)."

I am very confused in what is wrong with the situation. Can anyone help me? =[

*Edit*
    I've been able to restore it to firmware 1.1.1 but it was on itunes 7.6.

Now my question is, how is it possible to get to jailbreak 1.1.2 with itunes 7.6?? =[
  2. 996gt2

996gt2 New Member

Try uninstalling itunes, reinstalling, and try again. Also, power off your ipod by holding both buttons down. Then, with the round button still held down, release and press the power button once. Then reconnect to computer and try again. This worked for me when my 1.1.3 jailbreak failed the first time around.
  3. PjCphatty89

PjCphatty89 New Member

I've already tried what you've said and it still doesn't work. The problem might be because its itunes 7.5 instead of 7.6 but i really want to stay in itunes 7.5 or else i wouldn't be able to jailbreak up to 1.1.2. Are there any other options?
  4. Go Avalanche

Go Avalanche Banned

Ya upgrade the itunes!!
  5. hdwicked

hdwicked New Member

i have this exact problem. once u have used ipod with 7.6 the 7.5 version no longer recognizes it and u force restore etc and then u get error 1604... bummer

u upgrade to 7.6 and u can use 1.1.1 and jailbreak again. problem is that 7.6 breaks octoprep so u cant get up to 1.1.2. u need 7.5 to use octoprep and thats when the problem starts again where u get the 1604 error

i dont know what to do but i know that that is the root of the problems

anyone got any ideas.

maybe 7.4 or earlier versions might work but i doubt it highly. maybe someone can try if they have time.

but other than that i have no other ideas on how to solve it so for now i am on 1.1.1 which sucks
  6. KimNeilJung

KimNeilJung New Member

7. KimNeilJung

KimNeilJung New Member

Sane happenend to me.
    http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=6422334&#6422334
    The above helped me out. And it is possible to do this with iTunes 7.5.

Edit: Happy as a camper i set out to jailbrek by going back to 1.1.1 again. Bastard locked up with 1604/1603 again. Took ages to get it back. This helped
    Try This:

1. Turn iPod Touch OFF completely.
    2. Plug iPod Touch into PC/MAC while still of.
    3. Turn iPod touch on, then IMMEDIATELY do the following steps \/
    4. Hold the 'Home button' and 'sleep/wake' button together for atleast 5 seconds.
    5. The Apple logo will appear
    6. When this happens release the 'sleep/wake' button BUT KEEP HOLD OF 'HOME' BUTTON
    7. Your iPod will reboot (Apple logo)
    6. iTunes will recognise iPod in 'Recovery mode'
    8. You will be able to 'restore' your iPod Touch now.