Max D/U Speed

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by tanktan38, Aug 17, 2010.

1. tanktan38

tanktan38 Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Does anyone with really fast internet know the max download/upload speed on an iPod touch? I was just curious since we will be upgrading our speed later today (x2 or x13 faster, i'm not sure yet) because of this deal.
  2. OpTic_iPod

OpTic_iPod New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    There is absolutly no limit so the faster your internet, the better! The highest ive reached was 5mb per sec using my schools wifi
  3. mush

mush Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    theres a limit, but ur most likely not gonna reach it
  4. Foofyz

Foofyz New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I think the limit is the WiFi signal quality and the wireless standard used. I think the ipod uses 802.11g (not sure about that). In theory you should be able to recieve up to 54Mbit/s but its actually 25Mbit/s=~3.1Mb/s.

On a wired connection I can go up to 3.0Mb/s on my laptop, but with my ipod touch I only get max. 1.8Mb/s. Anyway that's way enough

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. mikeac

mikeac Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Well, 2G iPods don't have the highest speed adapter (N+), but my is 1-2 MB/s with upload speeds of about 50-200 KB/s.
  6. tanktan38

tanktan38 Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Ok, thanks for all of the replys. I will be getting 13x faster internet, but for some reason it is only at the 2x speed right now. I can't wait! I'm going from 96KB/s to 1.25MB/s! And I used to be 30KB/s. I'm going to be able to download a firmware (4.0) in 13 minutes, as apposed to I think about an hour.
  7. blottobox

blottobox New Member

max d/u itouch 4th gen.

I have a DOCSIS 3.0 compliant modem router running two wired 1000 BaseT NICs and five wireless N connections. the Ipod touch 4th gen is b/g/n compatible The max I've DL'd on my school wi-fi was 14.40 Mbps and my max at home 11-13 Mbps Down and 1.5 Mbps Up. On my Laptop which is wireless G I pull 20Mbps down 2Mbps up, one of my wireless N pc's pulls 35Mbps Down and 2.5 Mbps up.., and one of my wired pc's pulls 46.23 Mbps down 2.5Mbps up... So that don't really say much for what the ipod touch 4th gen is capable of downloadwise.

Please Register or Log in to view images