Matte protector without quality loss?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Dama682, Sep 11, 2010.

1. Dama682

Dama682 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    What a conundrum.

I want a matte screen protector for my future iPod (Alaska is apparently holding it hostage for now).

Now, I want a matte screen because:
    -Less fingerprints
    -Scratch protection
    -**Finger slides very easily with matte protectors**

I put asterisks in the 3rd point because as a person with naturally sweaty fingers (eww) and a person who plays a ton of games, this feature is extremely important for me. The 3rd point is the reason why I would really prefer matte over films.

Note that I did not include anti-glare as one of the reasons I want a matte screen. From my brief internet surfing, the anti-glare is apparently the reason as to why the retina display suffers quality loss. I'm not particularly picky about the anti-glare, I just need a screen that'll let me slide my finger around very easily, and will at least help deter fingerprints while keeping the display nice and clear.

TL;DR
    I want a matte screen protector that doesn't mess with the retina display.

Any suggestions? Does such a thing even exist?
  2. Master_Blaster

Master_Blaster Banned

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    It does mess with the retina display quality. I cut one down to fit my ipt4g and quickly removed it. I tried cutting a clear protector to fit but for somereason the cut sides curl no matter how I cut it casuing a terrible look. Hopefully we will have proper fitting protectors soon.
  3. rohitbansal666

rohitbansal666 New Member

Hi guys,
    I'm planning to buy a skin for ipod touch 4(whenever I get it).I've had a 1st gen touch for over 2 years and I know how it scratches,specially the back.I'm considering Gadgetshieldz & bestskinsever.
    I don't mind how complicated the process is,I'll manage putting it on..
    I plan to put this skin ONLY on the back and will pick up something like sena ultraslim or ikonic edge for the screen.
    As I've heard these skins r a bit rubbery,hence will I face any problem in sliding it down the pouch?It shouldn't be like it gets off every second day.I need a permanent solution to all these scratches without making it bulky and also maintaining the classy look.
    Can all these pouches really be sufficient to protect the screen?I don't carry it around much.
    I plan to use this ipod for atleast 2-3 years and hence need a perfect and long time solution..
    It would be really helpfull if any of guys who have used all these skins/cases can help me figure out...
  4. mojoman0

mojoman0 New Member

Get an Invisible shield for the rear if you want to spend a lot or a bestskins ever for the rear if you dont want to spend too much. Then get a static cling such as power support or a cheap version which offer clarity for the front. That way only part of it will be clingy yet fully protected except from severe drops
  5. rohitbansal666

Actually I don't want to put anything on my screen.I just love that glassy surface which apple has put into all thez multitouch devices.Hence I'm considering ikonic edge(or any top quality pouch if u could suggest)for screen and a skin on the back.Most of the skins r matte type and have a rubbery feel.I want a smooth finish,smthng like a plastic film...
  6. shortperson1026

shortperson1026 Active Member

There are proper fitting protectors. I am using one right now. Got it on Amazon with a case.
  7. mojoman0

mojoman0 New Member

yea the problem with those pouches is that once you get even a spec of dirt in there, the friction and such rub right up against the screen and inevitably leave scratches. I never used a screen protector for my 2g for the same reason of preserving its purity but this time I'm gonna go for a static cling type which are perfectly clear. check out these reviews

http://www.amazon.com/Powersupport-...dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

8. rohitbansal666

@mojoman0
    I'm planning to buy one ikonic edge pouch...Can thos small dust particles really scratch the screen?
  9. Yoloni

Yoloni Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    If you're not the type who worries about every little scratch you get, you're fine.

For me, I'm using BestSkinsEver on my iPod touch 1g right now.

It might be better to get InvisibleShield if you're getting one of those skins because they have lifetime replacement.
  10. rohitbansal666

How would u rate bestskinsever?If i put bestskinsever at the back chrome and use a leather pouch,will the bestskinever leave the chrome?Can the adhesive really hold it up?And does that give that rubbery/matte feel or a smoother plastic feel?