Mass Storage?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by kilroy1, Apr 20, 2009.

1. kilroy1

kilroy1 New Member

does anyone know if you can use your ipod touch(2nd gen) as mass storage?
  2. ryanangus

ryanangus Active Member

Yep, but you can't drag n drop like a regular flash drive...

You can use applications like AirSharing to send files over WiFi, OR
    Copy files over SSH to your Device, OR
    Use JuiceDrop, which facilitates Drag'n'Drop, located here: http://ripdev.com/juicedrop

Please Register or Log in to view images

EDIT: JuiceDrop is probably the best option... It works seamlessly on OSX and Windows, is Free, and Jailbreak isn't required

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. Unreal Boy

Unreal Boy Member

Device:
    iPad
    you cant use it as a normal flash drive, only as a harddrive over a wifi connection
  4. subxero

subxero New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Wifi but no mass storage connection

Thats just it, I want to connect to Wifi but my password is a foot long! and all I need to do is paste a .txt file into Notes in the iTouch or something as I did on a Samsung Galaxy S Android device no problem, but am I a bit peeved at no mass storage option right from the word go! you are virtualy forced to use itunes which crashed first go, then to get free apps you still need to hand over all your details,credit card!? and with news of everyones accounts getting hacked from Apple I will be changing my credit card for a new one once ive got all my main apps. If an apps good its worth paying for if fairly priced. So thanks to the last poster with the link to that juice software so itll show up, whats best folder to put a TEXT file .txt?

Wonders if I will be able to copy n paste it into wifi password? connected to my laptop fine with bluetooth but no file transfer, whats SSH all about?

I made a video about how much I hate Itunes App already sooo unintuetive, unless you've grown up at Apple school of course. 2hours in and i'm watching videos in the tutorial on how to load my tracks in OMG!! anyway rant off... my Cowon D2+ 15seconds!! to get my latest Rudefm mp3 loaded to the player 395MB!!. And!! NO Custom EQ in iTouch??!! a massive error! and very patronising to the user. Unlike Android Media Player which is excellent, and has 5.1 surround option, 8 or 10 band custom EQ, SRS Sound Enhancments.
    Anyway now i've got beatmaker I'm very impressed even un-jailbroken. I know there must be better media player apps for the ITouch 4G. I hope.

JuiceDrop. the link above does not work :/ the version I found would not load as it had a missing DLL file, :/ so the search continues 13hours in.
  5. subxero

subxero New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Bump... Can anyone help me get one text file form a Windows PC onto the ITouch 4G as no mass storage device drivers are driving me crazy :/ juicedrop no longer works, website down.
  6. SuperMario

SuperMario Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    There is this one app called Flash Drive, but it might not work on 4.0+
  7. SuperMario

SuperMario Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
  8. SuperMario

SuperMario Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Otherwise idk any other ways
  9. subxero

subxero New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    thanks for the links! I'll chek them in a bit

Well without jailbreaking Im using Goodreader file system £1.19 (although not the core file system, it uses a My Documents approach) but you can see your iTouch file system on MAC and PC using iPhone Explorer and it supports drag drop of new files folders but no copy n paste. hope this helps ,