Masky64's Top 10 Free Apps of 2008

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Masky64, Oct 25, 2008.

1. Masky64

Masky64 New Member

The end of the year is coming, and that means it's time to review some of the best free apps of 2008. Within the next few months, I will be searching through my app collection and deciding which ones are the best of the bunch.
  2. ryanlusk

ryanlusk Banned

Cuberunner better get on there

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. Baker5

Baker5 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    thanks hope it all goes well
  4. Masky64

Masky64 New Member

The following app reviews are nominees and aren't part of the top 10 list yet.

Cube Runner

This game is an iPhone remake of the popular flash game "Cubefield". The point of the game is to move the gray arrow around with the accelerometer and avoid the incoming fleet of blocks. There are three level sets included with the game, based on each level of difficulty. You can add more level packs, just type in the url of the level file and it will download the level to the game. The only problem with this game is that you can't listen to your music while playing.

When it comes down to it, Cube Runner is fun to play when you're bored, and I highly recommend downloading it. There is also a sequel to the game, called Cube Runner II, but it costs money.

Tap Tap Revenge

What's not to like about this game? One of the most popular iPhone games, and shown on Apple advertisements, Tap Tap Revenge is one amazing game. If you're familiar with games like Guitar Hero, Rock Band, and Dance Dance Revolution, you will know what this game is all about. The point of the game is to tap on the buttons as they move down the screen. There are many songs to choose from, and more are available for download. If you haven't downloaded this game yet, you're missing out on one of the great wonders of the App Store.

Galcon Lite

When I first saw this game on the App Store, I thought it was going to be like Galaga, but it turned out to be something completely different.

Your job is to seize the planets on the map and try to take out the opponent before they take out you.

It's a pretty basic concept but it's really addicting, and I could spend an hour playing it if I wanted to. The only downside to this game is that it kills your battery. There's also a full version of the game with online play, but you're gonna have to cough up your money for that.

Attached Files:

5. BadKarma

BadKarma Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    FingerMaze is Awesome. <-Period
  6. MJeto7

MJeto7 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Check these ones out:

Cube Runner
    Cubic Man Lite
    Anaconda
    Aurora Feint
    (i havent used them much but dont forget about the iBaseball, iGolf, and iBowl)
    THE PAPI GAMES!!!
    Tris

All neat games

7. Masky64

Masky64 New Member

I'm bumping this thread up. <_<
  8. wearmaize

wearmaize Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I would love to see the Facebook app on there. It wasn't that good to start, but it is with the pretty recent update.
  9. hakk79

hakk79 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    What about that virtual villagers thing. I heard it was good!
  10. Steaps

Steaps New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Congradulations. Why post a thread now?