Marketing and promoting Ninja Jump!

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by Will3942, Apr 24, 2010.

1. Will3942

Will3942 Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Hi,

Not been on this forum for a while because I have been busy developing Ninja Jump which is my new game for the iPhone And iPod Touch! I was wondering if anyone would be interested in reviewing my app or knows someone who could and maybe post it on their blog. I cannot pay because I spent all my budget on this game. I was also wondering if anyone knows any ways of free promotion for my application. Also could anyone possibly post Ninja Jump and a link to it on their twitter? It is currently being sold at $0.99 . If you require any screenshots just look on iTunes or ask and I will post them.

Thanks a lot,

Will Evans
  2. Toilet Duck

Toilet Duck New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    How do you play it? is it just tilt the iTouch for direction, and the ninja keeps jumping(like doodle jump), or is there more to it?
  3. Chicken

Chicken Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    1. Your graphics need to be greatly improved.
    2. It's a doodle jump rip off.. and not a very good one at that.
  4. Will3942

Will3942 Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    You can either Tilt or Touch. There are lots of different platforms and themes that come with it and two different Ninjas.
  5. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Just post your game on iPhone game forums. And if you want someone to review, you should probably give them a promo code.

I agree. If I were to buy this type of game, it would be Doodle Jump.
  6. SumDaii

SumDaii Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I know a couple of places where you can advertise your games/apps, but for a price. I doubt you'll find anywhere where they'll do it for free.
  7. Toilet Duck

Toilet Duck New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I was thinking the same, I just didn't want to be quite so.... Blunt about it.

Its good that you're working on developing new games and apps, for this I commend you. But you need to look at either producing apps that either fill a gap in the store, by finding a useful need for an app that dosen't exist already, or finding a type of app thats currently done badly and doing it a lot better. As for games they've all said it, regardless of the 2 different types of ninja's, it looks very much like youre copying the game play style of doodle jump, by doing this you could render yourself open to Lima Sky's legal team who could possibly sue you for copying their game. Come up with games by all means, but try to come up with something new.

On a side note Will, at the moment while gizmodo is currently in the sights of Apples legal team over the "lost" next gen iPhone, I wouldn't like to be the one that has a directly cut and pasted the entire original article on my blog. Thats just asking for legal teams to come a knocking at my door.
  8. Will3942

Will3942 Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Where?
  9. Magnum

Magnum New Member

This is another fail at a doodle jump game. Graphics are suckish and it looks like the sensitivity is bad. Honestly, I would feel bad for whoever paid $0.99 for this. This may seem harsh but I don't have anything good to say about it.
  10. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    I don't see how this can compete with DoodleJump which is also $0.99. Better graphics, two full time programmers working on it and consistently submitting updates, online highscores, etc.