Mario Party Advance Gaddget Port - LipSync

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by TheUnderDog, Jun 14, 2008.

1. TheUnderDog

TheUnderDog New Member

APP IS OLD AND FOR 1.1, I'm working on a web app version for 2.0. If someone can port the whole thing as a native app, it'd be pretty cool. PM me.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Mario Party Advance: LipSync

This is a very simple group of apps with one sole purpose: to mimick this Gaddget in Mario Party Advance where you could emulate Mario's, Peach's, Boo's, or Goomba's mouth, and pretend to speak through their lips. It doesn't sing your music for you, or something amazing like that, it's just a simple app - for fun.

How to Use: Just put it up to your face- NO WAIT I HAS AN ELABORATE DRAWING TO EXPLAIN IT!!

It's 3 AM. I'm bored. I have the right to draw.

So yeah, all you do is hold it up to your face so that the screen with the mouth is facing the person you're talking to, and then tap the screen whenever it feels like your mouths would normally be moving. It sounds kinda awkward, but it's pretty natural once you get a feel for it.

Like I said before, it's just a very, VERY simple application. I'm not out to prove anything, I made this app for myself, and I'm only posting it here for the heck of it. DON'T YELL AT ME!! *cough*gojohnnyboi*cough*

And just so that it can waste more space on your home screen, I've made the four set of lips from Mario Party Advance four separate applications! Joy!

In the original game boy version, the lips were smaller, and instead of touching the screen you would hit L or R to open or close the lips. I actually think it looks better larger screen, the only awkward part is kinda tapping the edge of the screen so that your finger doesn't get in the way of the lips themselves. But again, you warm up to it.

Good for a one time laugh I guess. To install, SSH one ore more of the Character.app folders into ~/Applications with permissions 755 or 777

For the people who will post and ask what this does anyway: It lets you pretend to have a Nintendo Character's pair of lips which you can pretend to talk through which, albeit childish, is still fun. The four characters are Mario, Peach, Boo, and Goomba, just as they were in Mario Party Advance

Watch out: I may be porting more pointless Mario Party Advance Gaddgets, like Egg Roll, Finger Scanner, or Screen Wipe, just because everybody loves them.

OhAndYouNeedJiggyRuntimeToUseIt
    Like how I slipped that in there? INCONSPICUOUS!!

Here are the acutal images:

(psst, these were ripped my Nemu. I'd put him in the credits of the app, but there are no credits, so yeah...)

I DON'T WANT YOUR MEAN EVIL CRITICISIM THIS IS THE APPLICATION RELEASES BOARD, THIS IS AN APPLICATION, AND I'M RELEASING IT!!, no matter how pathetic it looks... TRY IT,YOU'LL LIKE IT!!

A GENEROUS KIND SOUL OUT THERE (pabloppp) HAS MADE A CONVENIENT ALL-IN-ONE APP Use whichever floats your boat

Attached Files:

2. Totally 1337

Totally 1337 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    oooooooook......

Seems "interesting" i guess..........

Im the first downloader. LOL

3. swillard8

swillard8 New Member

cool il check it!
  4. dwonder3

dwonder3 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hmmm... Interesting...

I'll try it out tommorrow
  5. coolcosmos

coolcosmos New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I'm trying to change mario's mouth for mine.
  6. steeped

steeped New Member

Lol not bad.

I don't think I will find much use in this but I do congratulate you for making me laugh

7. Dtm644

Dtm644 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    cool app
  8. coolcosmos

coolcosmos New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I'm trying to do a launcher to your apps, so they wont need to be on the springboard...
  9. dpdpdp

dpdpdp New Member

haha awesome
  10. Unleashed

Unleashed New Member

Try to do something with the mic instad of tapping