Maps Offline: OK now I'm confused.

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by permutated, May 20, 2008.

1. permutated

permutated New Member

I've been looking for an offline Map program where I can basically store the cache of the entire area I live in (Bay Area).

Unfortunately, Maps Offline looks like it only stores your cache for the streets you've viewed up close...so do I basically have to scroll through all of the Bay Area in order to store it?

Weird. Help? Are there cache's I can download online for entire areas?

Also, if I have the cache installed and I try to do directions offline, as long as the streets are stored in the cache it should give me proper directions, right?
  2. centre

centre New Member

Try using iLM (alternative to maps offline) and the GMDL (google maps download) software to download maps on your computer. Transfer the maps via SSH and load via iLM. Depending on the detail you choose, the filesize of your map can get quite big.

Found a guide here:
    http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=22320
  3. real

real New Member

awesome thanks
  4. allenmehrer

allenmehrer Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    funny, i use maps offline and have cached the whole bay area with the recomended caching software (can't remember the name but its out there if you search this forum, i personal have put the name out). it works great too except it takes a bit to load the cache
  5. nambrot

nambrot New Member

hi
    i am the developer of maps offline
    you can make cache files of Bay Area and use them either with ilm or with maps offlie