Maps Location Couldn't Be Determined

Discussion in 'iPod touch January App Pack (iPhone Apps)' started by resendiz93, Mar 1, 2008.

1. resendiz93

resendiz93 New Member

Everytime i go into map and i click on locate me it says your location couldn't be determined... ive tried in different spots and in different houses with wifi idk if theres a fix im on an 1.1.3 jailbroken ipod touch please need help
  2. Spanglegluppet

Spanglegluppet New Member

What country do you live in? The Locate Me feature is powered by Skyhook Wireless, which, according to company officials, covers 70% of population centres in the US and Canada, as well as metropolitan centres in Europe and Asia. If you live anywhere else, I doubt that the feature will work.
  3. resendiz93

resendiz93 New Member

oo

i live in Illinois so im in the USA but when i first had jailbroken my ipod the map thing worked but it was so inacurate but now it doesn't work
  4. Gareth Pugh

Gareth Pugh New Member

Are you trying to locate in a hotspot or on your own personal wi-fi?
  5. resendiz93

resendiz93 New Member

um

im trying to locate myself in my own wifi spot
  6. Gareth Pugh

Gareth Pugh New Member

Unfortunately for us, wireless routers that you can buy off the shelf don't come with any form of location finder. Maps will only find a location through a wifi hotspot like in a cafe or something.
  7. Zombie

Zombie New Member

I have that same problem occassionally. However, I just try again and it appears to work fine. It's random.
  8. Rawd

Rawd New Member

I have tried it in 4 different cities throughout the U.S and Canada. I have tried it probably 100 times in total, and it worked one time.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Although it located me about 30 km from where I actually was. I don't think it works very well yet

Please Register or Log in to view images