Maps for iTouch

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by squadwuschel, Nov 18, 2007.

1. squadwuschel

squadwuschel New Member

Hi,

I Know you can use Google Maps on iTouch, but I don't habe Wlan all the time and a card from Europe or so would be nice just a road map would be ok. Is there something like that for iTouch? A Simple navi system would be enough without the gps mouse.

How much of map does the GoogleMaps Apps caches on the iTouch when you have no Wlan Signal someone knows ?

thx squadwuschel
  2. Sianspheric

Sianspheric New Member

Some of the map will cache on the Maps app even when you are not in wifi area, but not a lot, sometime you can zoom in on an area you have previously searched but other areas are often blacked out.

______

One solution I can suggest, especially for driving directions, is the Screenshot application (found on installer).

If you use Maps to plan driving directions, etc, you can then use the Screenshot app to take shots of the directions, page by page, and will save them the iPod for further use.

that way you can retrieve the screencaps when out of wifi/wlan range.

simply open the screencap app, set it to enable, go back to the home screen and click "View", in there you should see all your screencaps, simply click on and you can see the maps/instructions.
  3. Steaps

Steaps New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    please call it an iPod Touch or iPoT haha sorry pet peeve ;P
  4. Sianspheric

Sianspheric New Member

i hate "iPoT"

it always looks like the name for some application for growing pot, or something. "With this application you can calculate the net amount of pot in your plastic bag, just use the iPot"

anyways, I'd rather spend the time to spell out the "iPod Touch"