maps crashing after 1.1.3 jailbreak

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.3 Jailbreak' started by steve.lawrence, Jan 27, 2008.

1. steve.lawrence

steve.lawrence New Member

I used Skylar's 1.1.3 jailbreak from installer.app, which worked fine but no apps or wiggles. I then edited the plist files to give me the iphone apps, which worked perfectly including maps, except for the iPhone 'no service' and preferences issue. So I then re-edited the plist files back to normal again to get rid of those iPhone issues, and installed each of the 1.1.3 apps separately. After installation, they did not show up on my springboard so I installed Oscar Wu's iphone apps app, which made the apps show up and all work fine (including wiggles) apart from maps which opens, and then immediately crashes back to springboard.

I see a number of people with the same issue but no solutions are being offered.

Does anybody have a fix for this issue?
  2. JackT

JackT Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    same prob here quite annoying i tried to kepp opening it to see if it wud stay open but got bored after 3 tries

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. Secret Chimp

Secret Chimp New Member

I couldn't get it to work either. I just downgraded to the 1.1.2 maps and map prep packages from Installer and those work fine.
  4. VViper

VViper New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Same here, everything else works except maps.
  5. brandon311

brandon311 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I can't get maps to work either there is quite a few people who can't open it.
  6. Mr Power

Mr Power New Member

I did the same and even those wouldn't work for me. I'm kinda desperate on this...
  7. steve.lawrence

steve.lawrence New Member

That sounds like a good idea for the interim, but I downloaded the prep and maps 1.1.2 and it doesn't show up on my springboard!!