Maps app on 1.1.4 issue...>>>

Discussion in 'iPod touch January App Pack (iPhone Apps)' started by bearflower, May 20, 2008.

1. bearflower

bearflower New Member

I've pretty much got this thing figured out...the 16GB model I just bought is my first-ever iPod, and I love it...except for *one* little thing. Can you zoom *out* while using the Maps application? Or, is it possible to reset the starting magnification to the continental US map? If someone could line me out on this, I would be VERY appreciative...thanks!!

Regards,

-CB
  2. snpri3

snpri3 New Member

umm you can make bookmarks by droping a pin on a location and just click that book mark and it will automaticly center it.
  3. TJ152

TJ152 New Member

Zoom in the maps application is exactly the same as zoom in safari. Pinch your fingers together to zoom out, separate them to zoom in. And maps will open to where you last left it.
  4. bearflower

bearflower New Member

Yep, figured that part out...but can I zoom out to view a whole city or even a few square miles at a time? Once I've zoomed in on my house (just to see how good the resolution was), I can't zoom out and all I can do is move around and go to my other bookmarked places, which are zoomed in just as far. Is there a fix for this, maybe some way to reset the map as a whole when I open the application?
  5. bearflower

bearflower New Member

Holy crap...you are a friggin' GENIUS!!! I've been trying to figure that out for a week now...it'll be nice to be able to sleep again...lol!! Thank you SOOOO much!!

-CB

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. TJ152

TJ152 New Member

That's odd.. I'm beginning to think you might have a dodgy version. Mine allows me to zoom in and out regardless of where i am or past activity. Perhaps give uninstalling that app and reinstalling it a try.

I hope you're being sarcastic, because i thought this was a tad obvious.
  7. GolemdX

GolemdX New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Looks like he posted before he tried your "solution", saying he tried it. Then he tried it and he posted "GENIUS"?

Well, I guess if it's his first iPod...
  8. Ramused

Ramused New Member

i can't instal the maps on my ipod....1.1.4...how i need to do?