Many problems on my iPod touch 4G

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by gumgl, Sep 20, 2010.

1. gumgl

gumgl New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    First of all, the battery is not what I expected from a new iPod. it goes from fully charged to auto-shutdown in 4 hours of use. I have to charge it everyday. When it automatically shuts down and then I plug it in, the battery is at 50-60%...

About the light leak, like everyone else, I can see a little bit of light in the dark when brightness is at 100% near the volume buttons and the headphones jack, but that's not bothering me at all.

Another problem that I noticed and that is really pissing me off is a touch-problem. In an AppStore app, when I use the landscape keyboard and go from the numbers to the letters, everything I tap is about 1 cm to the left of where I actually touched the screen. I tried in the Mail app but there's no problem in there. In the Settings app, I changed the brightness to 100% to try the light leak problem and when I put it back to normal, everything was messed up again. I could not slide the brightness cursor and it kept going up and down like if I was swiping up and down with my fingers... I'm pretty sure this is a software issue but I'd like to know if I'm the only one.

There's also this problem that I'm not sure if I should complain but it takes a while before I resume from sleep mode. When I click the Sleep button, it takes more than 1 second for the screen to light. That's not really a big deal, but on my older iPod touch (1G) I used to double click the Home button to use the Music player controls right away. I can't do this anymore. I have to wait for the screen to be on, then double click.

What do you think? Should I return it?
    I bought it at BestBuy. Should I go to the Apple Store or BestBuy? I know BestBuy has a very limited stock of iPods.
    Thanks for any help.
  2. KiNGMONiR

KiNGMONiR New Member

I think there's no question you should return it. Sounds bad all the problems you're having. I don't have it yet but I'm interested to see if other people encounter the app store problem mentioned.

As for where? I think you should return it to where you bought it (Best Buy). Don't know about if you can exchange at the Apple store.
  3. gumgl

gumgl New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    yeah it's really weird. never had this problem with my first iPod touch.
    One thing I forgot to mention is that I also have the ticking sound problem when I record video with my back camera while Wi-Fi is on.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Ok this is really weird :O
    I just woke up my iPod from sleep mode and when I try to type my password, it just doesnt work. AT ALL. I have to take it in my hands, for the touchscreen to work, then when I tap 8, 4 is selected. OMG this is driving me crazy lol. wtf is wrong with my fingers??
  4. Laptop

Laptop New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    the ticking sound is not a problem because all 4G ipods have it and most likely it will be fixed in a software update. and the light leak in the headphone jack and volume is normal because on my ipod which is not a 4G, i have light leaks also in the headphone jack. the only not normal light leak is the one where you have it where the screen ends.
  5. edgar-ny

edgar-ny Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    goto both i wd say
  6. ryanangus

ryanangus Active Member

This makes no sense. The ticking sound is a problem. And the light leak is not "normal". It's a manufacturing defect.
  7. jiakai_ln

jiakai_ln Member

weird i have my wifi on n i recorded videos and play it
    no clickin sound
  8. lolmao

lolmao Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    mine doesnt...
  9. ryanangus

ryanangus Active Member

Then you don't have the problem. Congratulations.
  10. gabixd122

gabixd122 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    dude bring it back...
    and if any of those problem happen again bring it back again untill they will learn to not sell devices with defects!