many new and slightly used sprint phones, can they be used for anything?

Discussion in 'Computing, Science, and Technology' started by jeffcball2004, Feb 10, 2010.

1. jeffcball2004

jeffcball2004 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I have just got my hands on several sprint/nextel phones. Brand new thrown in dumpster by call center. Can these be unlocked and used on another network? Can the ones with sim card slots be used on at&t? Do not know what can be done with these but seems like a waste to throw away. I mean a bunch of phones many samsung, motorola, a few lg's, and blackberry's. are they forever doomed if locked by sprint? Anyone with some knowledge would appreciate any help. Would like to use at&t sim to use on their network, but from what I understand sprint is not gsm and cannot be used on that network. Thanks, Jeff
  2. TakenAppleDownAPeg

TakenAppleDownAPeg Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    best thing to do would be to search each phones model number with the term unlock code on google and then see if you can find it, I know there are some sites that are free but since they are, they aren't as comprehensive as the paid ones, and be careful about the paid ones a lot of them are scams or have the exact same info as the free ones just slightly better organized.