manually uploading music to ipod (total commander)

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by PatIsLegend, Apr 10, 2008.

1. PatIsLegend

PatIsLegend New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    what directory should i put music in? i wanna use total commander to put music on because my itunes isnt working right...im not sure what's wrong, probly just a side effect from some tweak ive installed, but no matter how many times i sync my ipod it doesnt show up when i turn it on. on itunes it shows the capacity as half full, and it shows when i delete or sync new media to it. but on the ipod itself nothing shows up.
  2. Monkey Jam

Monkey Jam New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Can't be done! sorry! Its because the iPod gives each song a random name and stores the details in another directory.
  3. PatIsLegend

PatIsLegend New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i noticed that...found mp3s named "BFEG" and stuff. well, if it cant be done, can someone still help me figure out whats wrong?

i just noticed that when i add a song manually in itunes, my ipod screen says "sync in progress" very briefly, and then just goes back to "slide to unlock". what could be causing that

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. iTouch532

iTouch532 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    that happens when iPod is dead. No J/k

Just restore.

Or...

connect your iPod to another computer and just let it tell you that if you want to erase say no.

then connect it to your regular computer and then it will tell you that your iPod has been synced to another computer.

and it will ask you to delete and re-sync say yes.

It will only delete your songs/music/pics/etc... but not your apps.