Manually put photo on device to be in photo app

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Meds44, Dec 28, 2008.

1. Meds44

Meds44 New Member

Since the photo app is the only way to set wallpaper, I was wondering if there is a way to manually put the photo on the device and have it recognized by the photo app. I've named the picture IMG_0018.PNG (or other number) but I can't seem to make a THM file to go with it, if I could do this and put both in the appropriate folder, the photo app should recognize it. How would I go about making a THM file?
  2. NeSEncHo

NeSEncHo Active Member

To my knowledge, if you put the image in /var/stash/Wallpapers.xxxxxx/?, it will appear in the Wallpaper selection preference in Settings. And no .THM file needed.
  3. reluttr

reluttr New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Or he could just ssh them into the camera directory where safari puts "downloaded" images... Actually that might not work, im not 100% sure actually XD. They might need a specific file name to show up on the ipod.
  4. NeSEncHo

NeSEncHo Active Member

From what I see using Fugu SSH-ing into my iPod, The folder for Saved Photos on mine has all these .thm files as well... Could Work, haven't tried. Easiest is still to put it in Wallpapers.xxxxxx, as its the place to put Wallpapers, as the name suggests, and there is no need for thm files, just these .thumbnail.png files, which I think you can easily make by shrinking the image. I just put some of my own images into it and I know it works. If you don't make a .thumbnail.png file, it does make the Wallpaper Settings Section Lag like crazy.