manually installing apps.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by offthatwall, Aug 16, 2009.

1. offthatwall

offthatwall New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Ok, i have searched everywhere for a solution to this problem but have yet to find one. i have recently found out about ssh and have become a huge fan. everything is pretty simple and works well excet when i try to manually install apps. i drag the .app folder to the application folder on my ipod, i have tried setting permissions to both 755 and 777. the icon will show up on my springboard but when i try to open it, it opens up a blank white screen for half a second then crashes back to the springboard. i am at a loss and have no idea what to do. any help is greatly appreciated. thanks.
  2. Puaar94

Puaar94 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
  3. SmoothTroopa

SmoothTroopa Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    are they paid apps?
  4. zDSpider

zDSpider Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    iTunes or Cydia apps ? I mean... .ipa or .deb files ?

.ipa - drop them into the Applications category and sync the iPod. Cracked apps need a "little something" on the top but it's not allowed to talk about them here.

.deb - drop them into "/var/root/Media/Cydia/AutoInstall" (make the necessary folders if they're not there) using tools such as DiskAid, iFunBox, etc. Then shutdown the device by holding the Power button and turn it back on. That's it. No permissions, no nothing. All via USB.
  5. iBoss™

iBoss™ Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    zDSpider did it.

Good Work.

------------------
    iAppleCentral®