Manually Add Themes

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by rolindadice64, Jan 26, 2008.

1. rolindadice64

rolindadice64 New Member

Is there a way to add themes or customize the ipod without using summerboard or customize. I would like to add an image to the background, change the icons, the slider images, and possibly even the strings. Can someone help me one this?

Sorry I'm new here and I couldn't find this anywhere. So bear with me.
    Thanks
  2. x6blues

x6blues New Member

why would u not want to use summerboard or customize. i dont think itll be possible, or very impractical like going in file after file plist after plist.... hope this helps u out
  3. rolindadice64

rolindadice64 New Member

Well the reason I don't have those apps is because I am using 1.1.3. I don't mind going file after file for now until the apps become available for 1.1.3. Reason being, I really don't want to downgrade because I like the new features.

Anyways, I have already changed all the icons for all the apps. It was quite simple. I guess I'll just keep playing around with it until I get other responses. But thank you indeed.
  4. rolindadice64

rolindadice64 New Member

still nothing...come one guys?
    i thought i would get help. but i guess this isnt the place to get answers from...
  5. bodi_dillon

bodi_dillon New Member

how did u change the apps? and what program did u use to do it?
  6. tommy300z

tommy300z New Member

to change icons go to applications (i use total commander ssh) click on the app and delete thing call icon, then replace icon with same name with the image u want
  7. 8gigaPodTouch

8gigaPodTouch New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    don't DELETE anything on ur iPod, 1st rename it then replace new one, renaming is for backup and future use unless u'll restore ur iPod

u can change icons of each app by placing the icon.png on apps folder, but doin this way is very hard and long method so much better install SMBPrefs and Customize

Please Register or Log in to view images