Managing iPad & Touch

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Larry2628, Aug 29, 2010.

1. Larry2628

Larry2628 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    This question could have been posted on a number different forums.

I've had an iPod Touch for about 1.5 years now. I received an iPad as a gift a month or so ago and it looked like I had them pretty much synced up except for iPad only apps. I manage both of them on the same laptop. Up until a week ago every thing seemed to be going fine. Then I got hit by one of the nastiests viruses I've seen. It wiped iTunes and my library from the laptop and the back up I had on an external drive. I figured everything was fine because I still had my iPad & Touch with data intact. I don't remember the exact sequence of events but I reinstalled iTunes, attached my iPad and everything looked fine on the surface. The Touch didn't fair as well as the iPad. For some reason everything got wiped on the Touch except stuff I actually purchased from iTunes.

When I look at the number of songs iTunes reports for the iPad it says 397. The actual number of songs on the iPad is 1,577 which is what I really had before the virus. The Touch however actually has only 397 songs left on it.

I have no idea how to handle having 2 devices in the same iTunes library. I thought I'd see folders for both devices in iTunes but I don't. The size of the "My Music" folder (XP) and sub folders is 4.7GB which is the same amount of data on my Touch. However my iPad reports that I'm using 16GB so all of the missing content on my Touch is on my iPad and no where else. I'd really like to get all of my stuff back into iTunes and back onto my Touch.

If this babble makes sense to anyone could you please offer some advice?

Thanks
  2. viperGTS

viperGTS Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    So, this is all about songs right? and your iPad has all of your music? if so, use sharepod to get all the songs from the iPad. im not sure if it works on ipad, but its worth a shot.
    getsharepod.com
  3. imJames

imJames New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    alright. READ ALL STEPS BEFORE ATTEMPTING:
    1. download & install iFunBox [http://www.i-funbox.com]
    2. plug in your ipad. and make sure you exit and cancel sync with itunes immediately.
    3. open up ifunbox
    4. plug the ipad in.
    5. click on "Recover Music & Video"
    6. select all of your music.
    7. right-click and click on Copy-To-PC.
    8. choose where to save the music (Best Place is to put it in the "Automatically Add To iTunes" folder)
    9. copy the music and wait for it to finish.
    10. open up itunes and all your music should be there.
  4. iMan

iMan New Member

Device:
    iPad
    Once you have gotten over the issue with the virus just remember that as log as you run windows, it WILL happen again.

About 2004 I changed over to a mac and have not had a single issue since.
  5. Larry2628

Larry2628 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Windows

You are correct about Windows and viruses but being a software developer on the Windows platform really dictates what I use.

Why do Apple folks like to gloat? It's very unattractive

Please Register or Log in to view images