Making sure my SHSH is backed up correctly

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by COAndy, Apr 30, 2010.

1. COAndy

COAndy New Member

Hi all!

Just wanted to make sure I backed up my SHSH blob correctly. I used Umbrella, and the file came out to be about 64 bytes. Also, I wanted to make sure TinySS worked (in case I needed to restore), and TinySS opens briefly, and then closes. Is this how its supposed to work?

In the event I need to restore with my custom SHSH, how do I use the blob/TinySS/iTunes to do so? Thanks for your help, sorry for the n00b questions.

-COAndy
  2. klaus

klaus New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    U have to actually open tinytss through command prompt there's a great totourial on ipod touch fans all about tinytss. search for tinytss and you'll see it. and the size it should be 64kb i think that was a typeo by you.
  3. COAndy

COAndy New Member

i searched for the instructions on tinyss but couldnt find it...could you link it for me? Thanks!

PS - you were correct about my typo, i meant 64kb
  4. lakerfanalways

lakerfanalways Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    My SHSH file is 67.2kb..is that Ok or did I do something wrong..I just used the AutoSHSH program nothing else
  5. iKaos

iKaos Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    It doesn't matter, my SHSH Blob is 68kB
  6. klaus

klaus New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    both of u above probably have the 3.1.3 fw and COAndy was 3.1.2 so each one has a different size, also heres the link

btw your tinnytss does work if it opens for even just a second
  7. lm2

lm2 New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    I have ipod touch 3G 8gb Mc model. I'm jailbroken with 3.1.2. I got my shsh using umbrella. Is this the shsh that will prove useful in the future, or should I be most concerned with the shsh that is associated with 3.1.3 once I upgrade and use the new spirit userland jailbreak?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Then again, I was able to downgrade fine from 3.1.3 to 3.1.2 and then jailbreak with redsn0w. I got the impression that this was possible because Apple does not require the "signature" or whatever it is to downgrade to 3.1.2 on an ipod touch 3g 8gb, because it uses ipod touch 2g firmware.

What is the impression of others?
  8. lakerfanalways

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    Actually I'm on 3.1.2..I never updated..I just used the AutoSHSH program and named the file that it created for me..that's it. I have it saved in my documents..is that Ok..I don't have to do anything else right?
  9. revision0

revision0 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Nope, at the moment you won't have to do anything. If you wanna know how to use the SHSH blob in the future to restore back to 3.1.2 you can use this tutorial http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=282861
  10. lakerfanalways

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    Ok cool so I am all set. I was reading about having to use Umbrella and other things so I was not sure if I was doing something wrong. Glad to know I did it right..now just have to wait for the new jailbreak to come out. I'm very excited. When it comes out, should I update to 3.1.3 the jailbreak or just leave it as 3.1.2