Making stacks into a theme?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Heffe, Mar 26, 2009.

1. Heffe

Heffe New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I love the 'Stacks' addon Like from Mac OS 10 Leopard. But sometimes I'm just not feeling 'stacky'. The only way to turn it off is to uninstall it then reinstall it later.. BORING. Isn't there some way to make it a theme? So I can take it off and put it back on? Or would that be completely impossible because it would have to remember what was on my stack.
  2. fear_2670

fear_2670 Banned

You could not put icons on it, because the stack it self is invisible, without icons you can't tell it's there.
  3. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

Nope. There is no way.
    However, you might want to suggest to saurik (saurik@saurik.com) to have a MobileSubstrate "enabler application," in order to toggle MS extensions.
  4. Heffe

Heffe New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Say what?
  5. spoonforknife

Stack uses Mobile Substrate to "inject code" into the SpringBoard. This is why it's not a separate app, and on the home screen. Winterboard, SBSettings, and Stack are good examples of Mobile Substrate plugins.

Saurik is the developer of Cydia, Winterboard, and Mobile Substrate, among others. His email is saurik@saurik.com. If you want to disable certain Mobile Substrate extensions like Stack, you may want to send him an email at the aforementioned address, as a suggestion.

Also, only moderators can have a signature image on iPod touch Fans. You're not a moderator.

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. Heffe

Heffe New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    So wait I don't really want to disable it I know how to do that I was just wondering how you disable it quicker then uninstalling it then reinstalling it.

But I see little FF characters running in your signature.. Isn't that the same?
  7. spoonforknife

Yes. I'm a moderator.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Look under my username.

However, there is currently no way to do what you're saying. The only real way is to send an email to saurik.