Making/Receiving Phone Calls with iPod Touch 3.0

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jackmcdaniel, Jun 21, 2009.

1. jackmcdaniel

jackmcdaniel New Member

To all - My first post. New to this site. Thanks to all for contributing. Does anyone know if there is any 3rd party software available that will enable the most current version of the iPod Touch to function as a phone? all comments welcome. - UNCLE JACK
  2. bgizzle

bgizzle Administrator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    Skype is what you're looking for. Note that any solution will ONLY work where you have WiFi access.
  3. volleygirlamy

volleygirlamy New Member

I have an Ipod Touch and I'm getting a microphone for it.

I am from the US and am traveling to Paris and Nice July 13-21. I was hoping to be able to use Skype so that I don't run up my phone bill. The people that I would be calling don't have Skype.

What is the best thing to do? Subscribe? Pay into it. I'm hoping I can find wifi locations in Paris ... and if I do will that work?
  4. JRStewartMD

JRStewartMD New Member

Skype in Paris

I just returned from Paris and used Skype $2.95 for a month or .021/minute. I bought an iVoiceIII microphone for my 1g./2.1.1 but have not yet been able to get it to work and don't want to buy a 2g, if I don't have to.

I used my netbook and skype worked great. You can get free WiFi at most McDonalds in France.
  5. volleygirlamy

volleygirlamy New Member

awesome! thanks for your help on that. I will have to load some money onto my skype account and use that. Sounds excellent!