making my own itouch headphones/gigbaby

Discussion in 'Audiophiles: Headphones, Earphones, etc.' started by arjnoro, Mar 10, 2009.

1. arjnoro

arjnoro New Member

Hello, I have been trying to build my own set of headphones that I can use the software "gigbaby" with. For those of you who don't know, gigbaby is an application that let's you record 4 different sound tracks on your itouch. the problem is because the lack of a mic in the itouch it's hard to record and listen to other tracks! I got a 1/8 inch adapter from a video cable (the one that has 3 RCA plugs on the other end. I know the tip of the plug is the left side, the first ring is the right side, the THIRD ring is Common Ground, and the last one is the mic (positive I assume). Problem is when I solder everything up it won't let me hear the other tracks. If I solder just the mic , the itouch records fine and once I unplug the jack from the itouch I can hear my recordings. What I want to do is to be able to hear other tracks in gigbaby while Im recording new tracks! and I am wearing the headphones Please help!! starving musician!!!
  2. keved

keved New Member

What's an iTouch?

Is it useful?