Making an app?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by CAPPi17, Oct 23, 2007.

1. CAPPi17

CAPPi17 New Member

I've seen in some of the screen shots posted, people have icons for myspace or facebook. Anyone know how to do this?
  2. JeremyLeroy96

JeremyLeroy96 Banned

well it's just bassically going in an editing pictures and icons and if there is software to do it easier I want it!
  3. CAPPi17

CAPPi17 New Member

no there's an actual way to create links on your springboard. Like if you click on that icon it takes you right to the website
  4. brandon311

brandon311 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
  5. audirtbiker

audirtbiker New Member

ok this is where i need help....

how do i get those applications on my ipod after i download it?

i put under where my other apps were and changed the permissions to 755 but nothing happened.... can anyone walk me through that?
  6. pattyadams

pattyadams New Member

Well i tried with the sms application. Downloaded it, extracted it with winrar, put it in my aplications folder, changed permissions to )0755 and ticked the recursive properties box. Restarted my ipod and it worked. Only 2 problems...the icon was huge...so would need resizing...but for the actual programme didn't have australian carriers so wasn't useful for me.

The touchfans one works.

OK this is odd...the ones already made on that page work, but if I make one of my own and load in exactly the same way....nothing comes up on my ipod.
    Any suggestions?
  7. pattyadams

pattyadams New Member

OK I've been fiddling for a while and it seems that the one generated by the programme at the above site doesn't contain an info.plist which is needed. I have no idea how to make one...so any help would be appreciated. Theones already made on the site seem to have one!

I just went back to the site and there was my icon as one of the made applications. I clicked and downloaded that one and it did have the info.plist and now it works!
  8. audirtbiker

audirtbiker New Member

well that site wont even let me make one so i guess im outta luck