Make your own Doodle Jump level!

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Genius, Oct 27, 2010.

1. Genius

Genius Community Development Team

Doodle Jump is an amazing game. But don't you sometimes get bored of that little character? This mod allows you to change it, platforms, backgrounds, and whatever else you want to whatever you choose.

1. First, download WinSCP (or your preferred SSH client).
    2. You will also need a photo editing software which can render .png files. My favorite as Adobe Fireworks, but it is obviously expensive. Microsoft Paint also works, but isn't as high tech.
    2. SSH into your iPod or iPhone and navigate to /private/var/mobile/Applications.
    3. Here are all your Application folders. They are listed by a number, which varies by device, so open every one until you find one which contains a folder called DoodleJump.app. Mine was named AE0732EC-613B-4672-94EB-85C33743FB17.
    4. Now copy the DoodleJump.app folder to your Desktop.
    5. Browse the folder. There are .png files which represent the different characters, platforms, backgrounds, projectiles, monsters, etc. You can change any of these images to be whatever you want.
    6. Try to keep the images to about the same size (in pixels). Otherwise, they could cause Doodle Jump to behave strangely.
    7. Keep the names exactly the same as they were before. This includes all capitalization, numbers, and symbols.
    8. Copy the DoodleJump.app folder back to your device.
    9. Respring, and open Doodle Jump.
    10. Play the level you modified, and have fun with your mod!

UPDATE: The most recent update to DoodleJump makes this just a little more challenging. The .png files have now been optimized for iPhone use. To use them on your computer, simply download fixpng and use it to deoptimize the images. A download link and tutorial on using this program can be found here: http://www.question-defense.com/2009...uch-on-windows
  2. DiLui007

DiLui007 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Subscribed. I'll try this tomorrow.
  3. SwiftSkii

SwiftSkii Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    Cool. I'll try it tommorow.
  4. ShinyPants

ShinyPants New Member

Cool.

This thread title is kinda misleading BTW.
  5. SuperMario

SuperMario Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    So many people made mario versions
  6. Genius

How so?
  7. Stemoy

Stemoy Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    You aren't really making your own level layout thing, more of just a theme to play off of..
  8. Genius

While it's not your own level, it is essentially your own "skin" or "theme" (as you put it) for a level. It's as close as you can get without going into complex coding.
  9. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Problem please help

I did all the stepsright. I was able to take it from my ipod and put it on my computer. I opened the folder up but all the thumbnails were black. So i tried to upload it to photoshop and a message came up saying "could not complete your request because the file-format module cannot parse the file." I even just tried looking at the pictures in windows picture viewer thing and that didnt work either. Please help, i really want to do this.
  10. Genius

Right click on the image files and click properties. Can you tell me what file format they are in? They should be .png files.