Make My iPod Touch Unresponsive

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by artist, Nov 3, 2009.

1. artist

artist New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    This is a slightly bizarre request.

So I am helping someone do a video installation. He has a video on his ipod touch, and he wants it to play without ever stopping. Now I jailbroke the ipod (1G, 3.1.2), and set the video in the background. What I want to do now is make it such that if you touch the ipod screen or the buttons, nothing happens.

Yes, I want the ipod to do NOTHING except play the video. And I want there to be no way to stop the video or do anything else on the ipod.

I know this sounds stupid. I know that it defeats the whole purpose of an ipod. I know it sounds like a waste of an ipod. But I'm working for him, and he wants it done.

So I'm asking what files should I delete in Cyberduck or what should I do to make the ipod completely unresponsive.
  2. Freerunnering

Freerunnering Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    want so is this a time out thing so it the person is forced to watch the video then he has his ipod touch back?

Anyway whats this for again it seems REALLY random?

if you can find in the system files over ssh where the touch and button controls and sensing are then backup to computer then delete.
  3. mikec1985

mikec1985 Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    He is probably just trying to find a way to get his iPod replaced and is fraud.
  4. artist

artist New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    No, it's not a timeout thing. The video plays constantly.

Basically he wants the ipod to act like a tiny video display. And nothing else..

This is exactly what I want to do. I just have no idea where to find these files.

And no, I'm not trying to return the ipod or defraud anyone.
  5. Freerunnering

Freerunnering Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    so we just answer not judge the reasons (though i'd like to know even a basic reason?)
  6. artist

artist New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Sorry, I though I was clear.

Basically, the ipod is getting mounted into a box with the screen flush against the top. The video plays constantly. I want it so that even if you touch the ipod, you can't do anything. So the video plays forever and ever (it will be plugged in).
  7. Soutar_3DG

Soutar_3DG Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    couldn't the box just have a thin plastic screen so no one can actually touch the ipod only the plastic
  8. artist

artist New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    He'd rather have the ipod flush. I mean, if we have to, we'll do the plastic. But there must be some critical system file I can delete to make the screen useless, right?

There must be...
  9. Freerunnering

Freerunnering Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    i'll go google it and see if i can tell you what the files are that are important?
  10. Shawa

Shawa Super Moderator

Device:
    Nexus 4
    If it's for a display, surely you wouldn't want to have the iPod open for people to touch, and possibly scratch?

Nonetheless, search the iPod for any HID kexts, then delete as you wish.